Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #11
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Page One, Paragraph One, Sentence Two

Mr Larry,
Try Classic Cars of South Carolina. 1-866-572-1938
They have a ton of stuff and probably have what you are looking for. If not, they can get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Ken,

I am working on a new piece trying to be ready for Norwalk. I hope to save the timing chain, valve covers, intake and carbs. Both sides of the headers need to have tubes replaced,and the oil pickup has a kink in it. The shopping list is short; block,crank (.015 long), rods, pistons, bearings, rings, cam, lifters, springs, pushrods, lifter bushings, gaskets, machine work, 16 new valves, balance job, and some low mileage head cores that were last cast in 1970.

Looking for this old stuff is almost impossible.

What I need is a copy of the "Goat" picture so I can get some new parts. Would you speak to Bill on my behalf and ask him for a copy of the "Goat" picture that has been used so successfully in the past.

Hope to see you at the races.

Thanks Larry
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #12
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Larry,

I can only guess why you started this thread. I will assume you feel NHRA does not live up to the words they print.

I would like to point out there are more Stock Eliminator racers registered with competition numbers now then there have ever been in NHRA. They may not all race on a regular basis, but they are racers.

It seems to me the NHRA still commands there loyalty. Although NHRA is not a perfect sanction body, it still seems its the place to race. I am supporter of NHRA and I do not apologize for it. I know they are not perfect and they have made decisions that I was not happy with. Until I own my own sanctioning body and know what it takes to run and deal with the largest racing membership in the motorsports world, I will have to give them the benefit that they are doing the best they can.

I know I am not popular with some of the members of Class Racer when it comes to how badly they feel NHRA treats stk and ss and how it is run. I do know that its a small minority that are the most negative. I receive emails from members of Class Racer everyday on how they are so tired of the negativity about NHRA. They don't understand why the members that complain so much still go to NHRA races. They also do understand why the people that complain the most race the least or not at all. I tell them some racers are frustrated and I do sympathize with them but nothing in this world is perfect, find what's good about NHRA and enjoy. If you can not find any enjoyment then don't support NHRA.

I have gone on long enough, all I can say is I enjoy racing with NHRA and will continue to do so. If that makes me a suck up to NHRA, so be it. I could not be so bitter and so angry about a sanctioning body that was unfair to me and continue to race with them. Why some racers have such distain for NHRA and still go to there races is beyond me.

Larry you get your new engine done yet?

Ed, are your going to Atco, its a NHRA race you know. I want to talk to you, nothing important, just some bs.
Ken, I think the reason people continue to go to NHRA races even though they don't like how they are treated is two fold. First, they are addicted to racing and they don't like local bracket racing as much as stock and super stock racing, and for a lot of people it's the only game available to them. Second it's where you see your friends. Most of my best friends are racers and if I quit I wouldn't get to see most of them.

I have cut back on NHRA racing in the last couple of years because of my dissatisfaction with them. I'm one of the lucky racers because I have combo races locally on a regular basis. If you really like to race they are just as much fun as a National event and are a lot cheaper and take a lot less time. i truly think if the new cars are allowed to stay where they are with the horsepower ratings they have it will severely cut the fields in stock in the next few years at National events. NHRA has an obligation to treat us fairly and with respect. In my opinion they have not been doing that lately.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
Terry Cain

Liked 225 Times in 104 Posts

"I have cut back on NHRA racing in the last couple of years because of my dissatisfaction with them. I'm one of the lucky racers because I have combo races locally on a regular basis. If you really like to race they are just as much fun as a National event and are a lot cheaper and take a lot less time. i truly think if the new cars are allowed to stay where they are with the horsepower ratings they have it will severely cut the fields in stock in the next few years at National events. NHRA has an obligation to treat us fairly and with respect. In my opinion they have not been doing that lately'

Ditto
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,117 Times in 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Ken,

I am working on a new piece trying to be ready for Norwalk. I hope to save the timing chain, valve covers, intake and carbs. Both sides of the headers need to have tubes replaced,and the oil pickup has a kink in it. The shopping list is short; block,crank (.015 long), rods, pistons, bearings, rings, cam, lifters, springs, pushrods, lifter bushings, gaskets, machine work, 16 new valves, balance job, and some low mileage head cores that were last cast in 1970.

Looking for this old stuff is almost impossible.

What I need is a copy of the "Goat" picture so I can get some new parts. Would you speak to Bill on my behalf and ask him for a copy of the "Goat" picture that has been used so successfully in the past.

Hope to see you at the races.

Thanks Larry
Larry,
You should have my number, call me if I can help.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,524 Times in 1,263 Posts

I wish you luck Larry, I know what you are going through. I will talk to Bill, you are funny man.

Greg, I understand how you feel, and respect your decision. As for me, NHRA is were I want to race. I don't feel the new cars will bring the car counts down, time will tell.

I have to compete with these new cars more then most, but I'm not going anywhere, it just makes me work harder.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote