Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,557 Times in 1,987 Posts
Default Page One, Paragraph One, Sentence Two

NATIONAL HOT ROD ASSOCIATION

As the premier sanctioning organization of drag racing for nearly 60 years, NHRA continues to offer an unequaled motorsports experience for racers, sponsors, and fans. Keys to this success have been NHRA's focus on racer participation at all levels, from grassroots to pro; providing the opportunity for fair competition; and ever-present concern for safety. One way that NHRA consistently achieves these objectives is through the development of a rulebook designed to provide guidance for NHRA activities, participants, and member tracks.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Page One, Paragraph One, Sentence Two

I would guess this was from the 1969 rule book??????
If truth in packaging was really enforced today these guys would be open to the mother of all lawsuits.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Where did the 80,000+ members go?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
John Leichtamer Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larry

April fool was the other day!!!!!!!!

Hammer
John Leichtamer Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Ed It was from my last rule book, 2009.

John I agree it does look like a "JOKE".
Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Talking Re: Page One, Paragraph One, Sentence Two

it is still april fools....

it is still april... and we are still fools...

jack

p.s. im sure that comedy paragraph is just included as an intro to the rules sections, especially the stock eliminator head rules ....
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Ed It was from my last rule book, 2009.

John I agree it does look like a "JOKE".
Larry,I know.That was just my east coast attempt at subtle humor.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,524 Times in 1,263 Posts

Larry,

I can only guess why you started this thread. I will assume you feel NHRA does not live up to the words they print.

I would like to point out there are more Stock Eliminator racers registered with competition numbers now then there have ever been in NHRA. They may not all race on a regular basis, but they are racers.

It seems to me the NHRA still commands there loyalty. Although NHRA is not a perfect sanction body, it still seems its the place to race. I am supporter of NHRA and I do not apologize for it. I know they are not perfect and they have made decisions that I was not happy with. Until I own my own sanctioning body and know what it takes to run and deal with the largest racing membership in the motorsports world, I will have to give them the benefit that they are doing the best they can.

I know I am not popular with some of the members of Class Racer when it comes to how badly they feel NHRA treats stk and ss and how it is run. I do know that its a small minority that are the most negative. I receive emails from members of Class Racer everyday on how they are so tired of the negativity about NHRA. They don't understand why the members that complain so much still go to NHRA races. They also do understand why the people that complain the most race the least or not at all. I tell them some racers are frustrated and I do sympathize with them but nothing in this world is perfect, find what's good about NHRA and enjoy. If you can not find any enjoyment then don't support NHRA.

I have gone on long enough, all I can say is I enjoy racing with NHRA and will continue to do so. If that makes me a suck up to NHRA, so be it. I could not be so bitter and so angry about a sanctioning body that was unfair to me and continue to race with them. Why some racers have such distain for NHRA and still go to there races is beyond me.

Larry you get your new engine done yet?

Ed, are your going to Atco, its a NHRA race you know. I want to talk to you, nothing important, just some bs.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Larry,

I can only guess why you started this thread. I will assume you feel NHRA does not live up to the words they print.

I would like to point out there are more Stock Eliminator racers registered with competition numbers now then there have ever been in NHRA. They may not all race on a regular basis, but they are racers.

It seems to me the NHRA still commands there loyalty. Although NHRA is not a perfect sanction body, it still seems its the place to race. I am supporter of NHRA and I do not apologize for it. I know they are not perfect and they have made decisions that I was not happy with. Until I own my own sanctioning body and know what it takes to run and deal with the largest racing membership in the motorsports world, I will have to give them the benefit that they are doing the best they can.

I know I am not popular with some of the members of Class Racer when it comes to how badly they feel NHRA treats stk and ss and how it is run. I do know that its a small minority that are the most negative. I receive emails from members of Class Racer everyday on how they are so tired of the negativity about NHRA. They don't understand why the members that complain so much still go to NHRA races. They also do understand why the people that complain the most race the least or not at all. I tell them some racers are frustrated and I do sympathize with them but nothing in this world is perfect, find what's good about NHRA and enjoy. If you can not find any enjoyment then don't support NHRA.

I have gone on long enough, all I can say is I enjoy racing with NHRA and will continue to do so. If that makes me a suck up to NHRA, so be it. I could not be so bitter and so angry about a sanctioning body that was unfair to me and continue to race with them. Why some racers have such distain for NHRA and still go to there races is beyond me.

Larry you get your new engine done yet?

Ed, are your going to Atco, its a NHRA race you know. I want to talk to you, nothing important, just some bs.
Ken.I'll be there.I didn'y know you cared.:>)
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Ken,

I am working on a new piece trying to be ready for Norwalk. I hope to save the timing chain, valve covers, intake and carbs. Both sides of the headers need to have tubes replaced,and the oil pickup has a kink in it. The shopping list is short; block,crank (.015 long), rods, pistons, bearings, rings, cam, lifters, springs, pushrods, lifter bushings, gaskets, machine work, 16 new valves, balance job, and some low mileage head cores that were last cast in 1970.

Looking for this old stuff is almost impossible.

What I need is a copy of the "Goat" picture so I can get some new parts. Would you speak to Bill on my behalf and ask him for a copy of the "Goat" picture that has been used so successfully in the past.

Hope to see you at the races.

Thanks Larry