Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #121
Tom P

Liked 224 Times in 90 Posts
Default Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Take Jon Kaase for example.....one of the better big block Ford engine guys in the country. For the limited amount of time he played in the NHRAs Pro Stock playground he's never won a single event as far as I know............correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure you'd love to.
Joe, you can still get back on that turnip truck if you hurry.

"As far as you know" is a miniscule amount when it comes to drag racing.

Kaase is probably the single winningest engine builder in Pro Stock history of NHRA and IHRA ProStock together. Charlie could probably dominate ProStock within a few years just like he did with Hemi SuperStockers.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #122
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post

Kaase is probably the single winningest engine builder in Pro Stock history of NHRA and IHRA ProStock together. Charlie could probably dominate ProStock within a few years just like he did with Hemi SuperStockers.
Yeah , sure pal...............I'll join you on that "turnip truck". I wasn't going to come back on here and beat this dead horse , but since you pushed my button..............
Go back and check your facts. I already stated the IHRA is the AAA of major league drag racing. Kaase ( in the NHRA ) helped Dyno win in , what , 77?
Then along came Johnson , Reher- Morrison- Shepherd , Iaconio..........Glidden and the list goes on. Where's Kaase? I'm just telling it like it is.
AS I SAID EARLIER..........since the 500 inch rule , in the NHRA , there haven't been , other than Glidden , any engine builders engines in the winners circle wearing the blue oval.
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ford-pro-stock
And this is in no way implying the Ford based Pro Stock engine is inferior in any way.
In fact........if and when the NHRAs Pro Stock teams ever ran the IHRA circuit the IHRA teams had their asses handed to them.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #123
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Well, if it's true dial in racing saved sportsman racing, then the fix is simple. Pro Stock's new rule. Any car that can run 7.00 or quicker gets in. Can not dial slower then 7.00. You go too fast, you lose. There. I fixed the money problem, valve spring problem, and RPM problem with a dollar bottle of shoe polish. Will work for Top Fuel, and FC also. They should pay me for my brilliance.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #124
ted mclemore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive known jon kasse for over thirty years.he built our first 351c in 1981. Where was jon in the early to mid 80s? He was just starting out on his own and got married and had a young family. Jon told me it was either late 1983 or 1984 bob glidden asked jon to move to indiana to join his effort. Jon told me he went to visit bob but he just did not want to move to indiana. He liked the climate better in ga.and besides hes from cleveland ohio so do ya blame him?jon is as good a n engine builder as anybody in the country. How many engine masters has he won? Its not just big block fords jon can build anything. Ill never forget when jon helped ernie elliott on the cylinder heads / manifold prior to the 1987 daytona 500. The track record was 205.00.something like that. I called jon and asked what the pole speed would be. Jon told me bill would go 210.00. The pole speed was 210.366!!!!!!!! Of couse it was a small block ford.
ted mclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #125
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Al Parker says Jon Kasse is one of the best engine builders in the world. That's all I got.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #126
Rose Racing

Liked 152 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Yeah , sure pal...............I'll join you on that "turnip truck". I wasn't going to come back on here and beat this dead horse , but since you pushed my button..............
Go back and check your facts. I already stated the IHRA is the AAA of major league drag racing. Kaase ( in the NHRA ) helped Dyno win in , what , 77?
Then along came Johnson , Reher- Morrison- Shepherd , Iaconio..........Glidden and the list goes on. Where's Kaase? I'm just telling it like it is.
AS I SAID EARLIER..........since the 500 inch rule , in the NHRA , there haven't been , other than Glidden , any engine builders engines in the winners circle wearing the blue oval.
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ford-pro-stock
And this is in no way implying the Ford based Pro Stock engine is inferior in any way.
In fact........if and when the NHRAs Pro Stock teams ever ran the IHRA circuit the IHRA teams had their asses handed to them.
Im sure whatever you state is true If the IHRA,Jon Kaase etc is AAA then what does that make you and the rest of us? Im sure you can call Brian Gahm,Chris Holbrook,John Montecalvo,the Goforths,Jon Kaase,Gene Fulton,Sonny Leonard and any other person who ever ran an IHRA event busch league but what does that make the rest of us? If the Mountain motor guys struggled against NHRA guys running 500 ci rules maybe its the fact that they are totally different animals and the fact that you call a faster version of the class a minor league confuses me? the IHRA Pro Stockers run low 6s and the NHRA cars have been stuck in the 40 or 50s for a few years. Im curius how much have you won to call anybody AAA and decide just how great somebodys racing effort and talent are?
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:00 AM   #127
clevo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post

That is a BIG statement ! I hope the guy does but i wouldn't be putting any bets on him at the moment, don't forget 500cid Pro Stock is the hardest class to run ( especially in a FORD) i do wish CW all the luck in the world because he has the balls to run a Ford. regards from a Ford fan
clevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #128
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,105 Times in 775 Posts

Do you have to be born with Pro Stock stamped on your forehead to run that class?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #129
lstanford

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

Congratulations. This is a world championship hijack. No masks, no firearms just the power of the keyboard. Good luck to Larry Morgan.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #130
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
Im sure whatever you state is true If the IHRA,Jon Kaase etc is AAA then what does that make you and the rest of us? Im sure you can call Brian Gahm,Chris Holbrook,John Montecalvo,the Goforths,Jon Kaase,Gene Fulton,Sonny Leonard and any other person who ever ran an IHRA event busch league but what does that make the rest of us? If the Mountain motor guys struggled against NHRA guys running 500 ci rules maybe its the fact that they are totally different animals and the fact that you call a faster version of the class a minor league confuses me? the IHRA Pro Stockers run low 6s and the NHRA cars have been stuck in the 40 or 50s for a few years. Im curius how much have you won to call anybody AAA and decide just how great somebodys racing effort and talent are?
I think Joe was referring to current day prestige of NHRA Pro Stock vs. IHRA Pro Stock. As of right now, I think we could say NHRA PS has a little more prestige. The fact that Mountain Motor Pro Stock Group is split in half between PDRA and IHRA doesn't help as well.

Side Note, Mountain Motor Pro Stock vs. NHRA Pro Stock on a staggered tree would be fun to watch. Wonder if something like that could last.
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote