HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #81
Pete Beau

Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Go for it Charlie & Charlie (sounds like a legal firm). You know I'll be rooting for ya guys. Anyone who knows the Wescotts knows they don't fool around when their minds are set on something.

Hmmm, what camo pattern will this car be?
Pete Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #82
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

I don't normally comment on threads that go in the direction this one is, however I'm with the others that say Mr. Westcott will surprise the many naysayers. I've met him only once and listened to a conversation he was having with Al Smyth (another S/S hemi Driver of Portatree.Com), and what he was saying was wise beyond imagination. To say he is driven to succeed is an understatement. He loves the negative comments, because it just feeds the desire within himself to succeed. I will close by saying he could and should be called" MADDOG" jr. only because Mr. Glidden got named that first. I wish you great success Mr. Westcott. Turn that class on it's ear.
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #83
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 10,032 Times in 2,080 Posts
Default Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Everyone cheers for people that work hard and smart!!!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #84
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

JR haddad, listen to what u wrote and reverse the roles. What u r saying is that westcott won't be able to keep up with PS engine technology.

No one will know until they try.

It will not be about HP. It will come down to chassis tuning and driving ability. Hopefully they'll hire a jegs driver or Dave Connelly

Last edited by mannymen; 10-04-2014 at 10:40 AM.
mannymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #85
bigshow2966

Liked 88 Times in 37 Posts
Talking Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Charlie will do fine. Pretty sure he's going onto this with his eyes wide open.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #86
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, respect has to be earned. Do not expect it when you throw negative comments out with no basis other than your ability to point out statistics that you cherry picked off of the net. You also failed to do any research about Charlie W.s background first. Everyone gets it. Steep uphill for even the best in Pro Stock. Anyone that has raced in Performance classes gets that.

Joespanova, have you ANY experience in a true performance class at all? It might help put some credibility behind your statements even if the majority do not agree with them.

Too often, the people that are quick to judge others have zero experience making a lawnmower run right, let alone test their mettle against the many other talented class racers. If you did, you might temper your comments.

As for Mr. Westcott, he is a determined racer. He needs not your approval.

I find it more amusing that I actually agree 100% with Chuck Downing....
Yep........leave it to me to start a **** storm. No problem , If I can dish it out , I fully expected nothing less in return .
Yes I have experience in engine building , yes I 've done engines for others. This isn't about "tempering my comments " its about telling it like it is. At my age I've been around this stuff long enough to see who's doing what with what.
Take Jon Kaase for example.....one of the better big block Ford engine guys in the country. For the limited amount of time he played in the NHRAs Pro Stock playground he's never won a single event as far as I know............correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure you'd love to.
Morgan , who this thread is actually about..........has a similar record with the Ford combo. As much as I like the Fords adding variety to the mix and with all the years of experience collectively , I dont see anything anyone is going to do to change the end result being the same.
And don't think for one minute as you apparently choose to do , that I'm discrediting Mr Wescott. It is what it is as they say , and in the last years without Glidden and whatever he was doing to make them run.......and some have their theories............no one has done much with the Fords.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #87
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock racing is based on a "business decision". He committed several years of his life to the 500" Ford Pro Stock engine development program with success, just didn't become front page news everyday. Pro Stock has lost many of it's legends and with that, the true competition of the class. The class definitely needs a Ford in the fire. If Charlie Wescott has chosen to enter a Pro Stock Ford, I'm sure it is a "business decision". His intelligence, innovative skills and abilities may be what it takes to refine what has already been developed to put Ford on the front page. His success with the SS/AH and its rule limitations speaks for itself. Super Stock engine development has had Pro Stock influence for years. I wish Charlie "the best in his efforts" in Pro Stock, he will be my favourite. Besides... How much Mopar HEMI can a guy take? MB.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #88
jdee1212

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jon Kaase Won several events and a world championship as crwe cheif for Dyno Don Nickelson you stand corrected!!!
jdee1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #89
rawhide

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Yep........leave it to me to start a **** storm. No problem , If I can dish it out , I fully expected nothing less in return .
Yes I have experience in engine building , yes I 've done engines for others. This isn't about "tempering my comments " its about telling it like it is. At my age I've been around this stuff long enough to see who's doing what with what.
Take Jon Kaase for example.....one of the better big block Ford engine guys in the country. For the limited amount of time he played in the NHRAs Pro Stock playground he's never won a single event as far as I know............correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure you'd love to.
Morgan , who this thread is actually about..........has a similar record with the Ford combo. As much as I like the Fords adding variety to the mix and with all the years of experience collectively , I dont see anything anyone is going to do to change the end result being the same.
And don't think for one minute as you apparently choose to do , that I'm discrediting Mr Wescott. It is what it is as they say , and in the last years without Glidden and whatever he was doing to make them run.......and some have their theories............no one has done much with the Fords.
Jon Kaase did not win any NHRA races driving but he wrenched Dyno Don to several and a national championship in 1977.
best regards, Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #90
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

OK
You guys are beating me good..but thats OK.

Geezus.....Kaase helped on Dyno's Mustang 37-40 years ago with weight factored combos............and to say things were different then would be an understatement.
What exactly has he done with the 500 inch combos? And don't even bring up the IHRA because as far as I'm concerned the IHRA is the AAA to the majors of drag racing. I believe Ricky Smith won championships in the IHRA and never won a thing in the NHRA .Morgans decision , for whatever reason , has no doubt been influenced by the fact that he hasn't been able to get to the winners circle with the Ford.........Geezus.
Wescott ......best wishes to you , man.

Last edited by joespanova; 10-04-2014 at 02:04 PM.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote