HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-20-2023, 04:13 AM   #1
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts
Default Racepak sportsman

I am looking at a Racepak 610-KT-SPRTMN Sportsman Data Logger Complete Kit. The Sportsman comes standard with 6 recording V-Net channels this data logger has been upgraded to a total of 18 channel. The cost of the upgrade is an additional $1205.85 from Racepak So my question is how can I tell if it is really upgraded and is it something that is necessary? It will be going in my long term project D/S Challenger.

Thanks in advance, Rod
Old 01-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
John Nechiporchik

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Racepak sportsman

Rod, The Sportsman Racepak is an excellent tool in it's basic form and can add additional sensors as you indicated. The key question is how many functions do you want to monitor?
You may try to contact RP and talk to a tech to determine if the unit you are looking at has been upgraded.
Maybe someone else on here can answer that part of your question.
John Nechiporchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:36 PM   #3
Dickens

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Greene View Post
I am looking at a Racepak 610-KT-SPRTMN Sportsman Data Logger Complete Kit. The Sportsman comes standard with 6 recording V-Net channels this data logger has been upgraded to a total of 18 channel. The cost of the upgrade is an additional $1205.85 from Racepak So my question is how can I tell if it is really upgraded and is it something that is necessary? It will be going in my long term project D/S Challenger.

Thanks in advance, Rod
Rod.. I am not an expert but have some experience with Racepak You should be able to power the unit up and connect to it with the communication(programming) cable and look at the channels that are available beyond the standard DS,RPM, etc DD
Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:44 AM   #4
Dave Noll

Liked 220 Times in 105 Posts

Connect the Racepak to your laptop with the cable. Power up both. Start the Racepak software. Somewhere in there I was able to see the 2 v-net channels that I had added to mine.

**EDIT** Yes. Right click the Sportsman button and look in the System Options box. It shows Allowed & Connected v-net channels.

Last edited by Dave Noll; 01-21-2023 at 02:40 AM.
Dave Noll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:52 PM   #5
T Ames

Liked 94 Times in 29 Posts

Rod, I would not classify the additional 12 channels “necessary “. With the Sportsman you will get engine rpm, acceleration, and bus voltage “free”—separate from V-net. You will want driveshaft rpm, clutch rpm and possibly fuel P, oil P, brake P, coolant temp, or O2. If you like the digital dash display, you can add that and ditch all of the separate gauges, save weight, and have easily programmable shift lights to boot.
Tim
T Ames is offline   Reply With Quote