HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default 2008 rules changes

new rules changes posted on the NHRA division 5 website for 2008. of note is Super Street with oil retention devices? Super Gas and Super Comp under data recorder list 'no drivetrain sensors' What does that mean? Does it mean no fuel pressure, oil pressure, trans temp or trans pressure sensors? Here is the link.

http://www.nhradiv5.com/apcm/templat...5677&zoneid=15

Last edited by Henry S; 12-04-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Henry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: 2008 rules changes

Hey Henry

It says Super Street MAY use.... it is not mandatory.
I think they mean a drive shaft sensor.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,661 Times in 526 Posts

but is it mandatory for any car over 135?
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

The rules listed are too vague. Why have a diaper on a 126 mph Super gas car but not require one on a tube chassis 632 cubic inch 160 mph Super street car? As far as drivetrain sensors, if driveshaft sensors are allowed on ET cars why not the Super catagory cars? The rule lists drivetrain sensors. These could be interpreted as anything in the drivetrain from engine to shock sensors.
Henry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They made us take our driveshaft sensors out for the 5-day bracket race in Bradenton, an NHRA sanctioned track.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(The rule lists drivetrain sensors.) AKA counters! The drive shaft sensor can be use with the ignition timing to retard or advance, or speed up or slow down the car(ET)
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeeezzz...anyone want to buy a useless data recorder ????

What is it with NHRA, so they really believe that there is enough guys out there cheating with this stuff ? And do I really think that the tech guy is gonna crawl under my car to see if I have a driveshaft sensor ? Or I cant hide it from him under a shield or something ?

Why is it they allow all kinds of expensive stuff, we save up for a couple of years to buy it (like I just did last year), and then all of a sudden...nope cant use that anymore...wtf...

And why dont all fast cars need a SFI diaper ( ooppps wait buy a SFI one but we fooled you it only has to be "approved")...Are you telling me that my 496 cube 155 mph SG car is more likely to spit out the rods than the DIV1 SST champs 555 cube 150+ mph SST car ? (he will say yes cause I built it myself !)

And how about the new helmet rule ? I still see guys wearing the open face ones (dunno why )...now not only a full face but with a shield (I'm assuming that visor means shield)...I see the Comp guys have to wear a SA rated one in an open car, how many if us are still using a "M" rated one...you door car guys better get some anti-fog stocked up...Matt S I still have that really cool helmet you gave me, I'll give it back cause you need it now...

By the way I can see the writing on the wall that we will all need a HANS some time soon, I'm not against them but its a pretty expensive deal for a low budget racer...wait will it need to be SFI approved (of course until after you buy it then no)...

And how come unless you basically have a 7.49 or quicker car, you dont have to wear protective shoes...what they dont want me to burn my fingers but anything goes with my toes ?

And what the heck....now I have to make up a rube goldberge pipe to add to my portable 1K generator that I use to charge my batteries that sticks above my tailer ? Oh wait...will it need to be SFI certified ?

Really I just wanted to see what it was like to make a long post like Jason....:-)

Last edited by Dave Steltz; 12-04-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Dave Steltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
sstSteveM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALLRIGHT......wings must be non-adjustable during the run.....whoever is running AILERONS on their car, let's see it, I want to see it. As a matter of fact, I want to see wings sprout out from under a Super Comp car and have it take off at the top end......now that would be cool.

At least my thrust reversers are still legal.

I do like rules promoting safety.....but can seem cumbersome like anything else

--steve
sstSteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

put shoes on Dave and noboby will see your toes.That post was so long i thought Jason typed it.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
BKRacing 1198 SG

The funny part is that we have all this stuff that must be manditory for us to wear in S/G, Comp, S/C but last time I was at a divisional event early in 2007 Super Stockers or Stockers still could wear just a jacket with any kind of pants they wanted and no gloves and some of them are running in the mid 8's and some stockers are running Super Gas times. Go Figure....Don't worry Dave you can always come run some MASGA races with us in 08....