HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #1
Dan Bernay

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default Off Topic

I know this is off topic for a Stock/Superstock forum, just an observation about the "diversity" in Pro Stock at the US Nationals.
16 qualifiying spots 16 so called "Camaros".
I lost interest long ago and this certainly won't bring me back.
Dan Bernay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
BOB KIRKBRIDE

Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Off Topic

I have really liked Pro Stock since its inception. It's too bad that it has become mainly a Camero show but the technology that it takes to achieve the performance of these cars is downright amazing. I think it's a shame that MoPar and Ford have pulled out of Pro Stock. Now Dodge will not even make any block and head castings for Allen Johnson and the other Dodge racers. As far as engineering help, that's no great loss, just give a racer a "blank canvas" and they are the ones that create the working piece. Ford on the other hand has had their last two engine types as copies of the GM/460 type combustion chamber heads and their last engine was a real close copy of the Dodge "hemi" and now they give no factory support. There's been a lot of talk about the bodies all looking the same like NASCAR. Not true at all. NASCAR bodies are all almost exactly the same with only the decals and trim making them represent the different manufacturers. A Pro Stock body without any trim is easily recognizable to anyone who knows cars. As far as the stretched front end it has been that way for decades to make room for the big engines. I hope Pro Stock remains because, like comp eliminator represent real performance unlike the stupid "Super" classes that in my opinion have destroyed the real meaning of drag racing that is the car's performance not how close a driver can run a "number".
BOB KIRKBRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
BOB KIRKBRIDE

Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
Talking Re: Off Topic

I would like to amend my comment about "Super" cars and "running a number" by saying that I realize the skill involved. Among the many different cars I owned or drove over an in and out racing over a span of 56 years I even owned and drove a Super Gas Vega. This was before the throttle stops and I could never slow it down enough so I ran Super Pro. Not for long because I had a business to run. Also I know Stock/Super Stock have their dial ins but they are at least running hard and generally just adjust to take the stripe at the end. Just trying to remove my foot from my mouth!!
BOB KIRKBRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote