HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts
Default Seat Belts

With all of the recent talks about "excessive" braking and NHRA not enforcing and then enforcing their rules, Lets talk about seat belt adjustment...
Look at the NHRA sportsman page on NHRA.com. It shows two dragster somewhere down track, The driver in the left lane has his head sticking out beyond the rollcage. Now clearly this is not very safe. As any driver that has crashed and they can tell you how much seatbelts stretch during a crash. As someone that has a letter from NHRA about having my visor up as I left the starting line, it makes me wonder about equally they enforce their rules. With that being said, it doesn't alter the fact that my visor was up when it should've been down. I received a warning and continue to comply with the ruling. When a rule is made with regards to safety, it would seem to be hard to lobby against allowing someone to continue to do it.
Now, don't even get me started on people not wearing their safety equipment.....
Dan Foley
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,754 Times in 554 Posts
Default Re: Seat Belts

This was addressed years ago. I remember them coming by when you were the next pair out and actually checking the tension of your belts. Somewhere, somehow that stopped and has become quite common again I see it all the time. There are plenty of rules they need to check and enforce. I've seen more cars slide sideways at the stripe then ever before, this recent disqualification of Mr. Edmonds I believe was just to make an example so hopefully they are starting to enforce that and change the actual wording to possibly something that fits better
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote