Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
Mark Callanan

Liked 64 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Proposal for Old Cars in Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Mark, you obviously don't know me. Keeping quiet is not one of my atributes. Perverting what class?

Are you saying you dont have class?
Don't you feel we need to have class in the type of racing we do?
At the end of the day don't you feel how we treat our fellow racers is what this is about?
If you know what your doing isn't right isn't it up to you to do what is right?
Is a couple of days of being happy that your got it over you fellow racers in the class you run is it worth it?
You ran over 1/2 of a second faster then the record do you feel H/Sa is the right place for your car?
Let us know what that motor made for HP on the dyno and lets see how anyone that runs in H/SA can even come within 75-100 HP
Jeff never be quiet I agree but also dont be un fair to you fellow racers
Money doesnt make the man class does....

Last edited by Mark Callanan; 04-02-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Mark Callanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #22
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Mark, Jeff is a class act, he put's his money where his mouth is. You'll just to have to add weight and move to I/sa for a while. Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #23
Frank B.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts

Mark I don't think Jeff has gone quicker than 11.01 on any run that counted in nhra competition. Time trials or tnt runs could be 500# light or who knows what. I do know that in class eliminations he won one race by .004 thats just good racing.
Frank B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #24
Todd Boyer

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Jeff, I like it! After all there are Super Stockers already running stock (CJs and DPs).
Todd Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #25
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

I think, I know where Mark is coming from, but not sure. As we all know, Jeff is a SRAC member and he is supposed to be looking out for the best interests of the racers. Then he shows up with a killer crate motor car running in regular Stock classes. Mark nor anyone else knows how much input Jeff had in getting this car into the Class Guides. And Jeff is also a Mopar dealership co-owner. It looks like a situation that is loaded with frustrating conflicts.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #26
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Boy, I can't win here. Even the moderator is shooting me. I think I will just quit here and go put the SS motor in my car for Houston. But someone tell me what's wrong with looking at some older combos? They were all out there. Why not look at them? Maybe there is something out there for the purist that don't like the new cars. I like both. I got both. I race both.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #27
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Proposal for Old Cars in Stock

[QUOTE=Jeff Teuton;179611]Boy, I can't win here.

Dont quit Jeff.......I cant win on here either but a lot of us on here enjoy your posts and think you are good racer. I dont think the new cars are rated correctly either but thats up to NHRA......not the guys runing the cars. The AHFS sucks and racers will always figure out how to manipulate the system. Hang in there.
Terry
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #28
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Jeff,
Moderators are allowed to post here as well. I'm not shooting at you. Like about 1,000 other racers, I'm just trying to make some sense out of this thread and the frustration that has accompanied the new crate motor cars in Stock. Your humorous posts about sucking down beverages at your fishing camp are fun but, as you already know, they don't tell us much about your part in this debacle. And, as a SRAC representative you should tell the racers what part you have played (if any) in bringing the crate motor cars into Stock. The SRAC position you have works both ways when it comes to information flow. How do you reasonably reconcile being a Mopar dealership co-owner, a crate motor racer in Stock and your position on the SRAC? Again, I enjoy your good old Big-Boy humor but you should tell the racers the truth about any influence you may or may not have had during the classification process of these new cars. As you always say, nhra will not put cars in the class guides on their own. nhra needs help from outside sources to facilitate the process. It's important for the racers to know and understand how all this transpired. No Joke, you could really help all of us understand how this process played out.

X-Techman, Jeff loves coming out here and enjoying the fun and besides he said he was just going out to put his SS motor in his car before Houston.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #29
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

[QUOTE=Bruce Noland;179634]Jeff,
And, as a SRAC representative you should tell the racers what part you have played (if any) in bringing the crate motor cars into Stock. The SRAC position you have works both ways when it comes to information flow. How do you reasonably reconcile being a Mopar dealership co-owner, a crate motor racer in Stock and your position on the SRAC? Again, I enjoy your good old Big-Boy humor but you should tell the racers the truth about any influence you may or may not have had during the classification process of these new cars.

Jeff -- Before answering any of this have you been Mirandized ? Holy Cow -- talk about being on the spot ..........................
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #30
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

this is great where was all the bitching as nhra slowly enhanced stock? aftermarket heads, blocks, rods, carbs, no more cam spec other than lift, valve springpressure, 700.00$ lifters etc etc. no one cared because they all thought that any of these things could give them a edge on the next guy.now that they will never have an advantage over these newer combos its cryin time. but if the shoe was on the other foot and thier combo got some bogus parts that would be great.on the other hand nhra should make a crate motor class for these new cars. you cant kick them out now but you can try to make it fair. look at ihra 15 out of 20 top qualifiers in stock are crate motor, but they have thier own class so thier not peeing in the pool of traditional combos. everyone pissed and moaned ihra isnt true stock eliminator now look at what you got makes ihra look pretty good
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote