HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Ford Super Duty F-350

First you have to tell us what they say is actually wrong with the engine.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
Z28-69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Truck started smoking, checked oil level was high. Was not anti freeze....it was fuel in oil. Oil level went way high. Oil ended up in the turbo's which ended up in the exhaust. Engine still runs NO codes came up, no engine lights. Just oil getting into exhaust which is causing smoke. They say it needs new motor, two new turbo's because oil got into them, and exhaust system because oil got into that. The exhaust system through Ford is $4600.00 alone.
Z28-69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #23
Z28-69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry....They will not say whats wrong with the motor. We ask and know one gives answer. Guy here on Class Racer looked up Vin for me through his dealership and his service manager says it is already in the system as no warranty. Tried to get the Fords reps name and number and dealer says they cant give that number out. How convient!????
Z28-69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Take your truck to another dealer, The one your at is trying to SCREW you.
Phillip marvetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #25
Philip Saran

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

There should be a Ford zone office in your city.
Try contacting them and see where that goes.

I have a 2004 F350 4x4 diesel and at 81K it poped a headgasket and
when pulled apart they found cyclinder wall damage in 4 cyclinders
and the 100K warranty replaced the motor. I then went out and bought
another 100K warranty that covers more stuff.

I don't know what is going on with Ford, I have a buddy who went to
look at a F450 truck for his business and found out they no longer offer
it with a stick shift only auto trans.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #26
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28-69 View Post
Question for the guys who understand how diesels work? Ford is trying to say this is an oil related problem. How does oil affect what happened to this motor?
I don't see how an oil change interval could have caused the problems you are describing. I also suspect that the turbo damage was caused by diluted oil rather than the oil level.

I wonder if they are getting confused (or intentionally recycling an old standard excuse) since injector problems could be caused by oil change intervals on the 7.3L and 6.0L. Both of those engines used HEUI injectors, which use highly-pressurized engine oil inside the injectors to depress the piston. The 6.4L uses a common rail system, which uses a very high pressure pump to directly pressurize the diesel (lubricating oil has nothing to do with the injectors).

Regards,
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #27
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28-69 View Post
Sorry....They will not say whats wrong with the motor. We ask and know one gives answer. Guy here on Class Racer looked up Vin for me through his dealership and his service manager says it is already in the system as no warranty. Tried to get the Fords reps name and number and dealer says they cant give that number out. How convient!????
They have to give you an answer as to what is wrong with the engine. Look at my post above, concerning the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. Find yourself a copy and print it off. It is the current law. They also have to give you the name of the zone representative and his contact information.

You want to know the easiest way to get their attention? Call your favorite local television station, and talk to their consumer affairs reporter. The absolute last thing a car dealer wants these days is a television news crew on their lot with a pissed off customer. They can't afford bad publicity. Just having the reporter call the dealership and inquire will usually change their tune dramatically.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #28
Johnny U

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The 7.3 and the 6.0 use to use high pressure oil to fire the injectors as where the 6.4 now just uses a high pressure fuel pump to inject the fuel into the cylinder. Oil change intervals were much more important on the 7.3 or 6.0 thats why the oil change interval is longer on a 6.4 because the injectors dont rely on oil no more. Does the truck run smooth otherwise? Still think it is a bad injector. You can monitor the fuel trim and pick out bad injectors with a proper scan tool, but in your case call customer relations and tell them what is going on and they should help you and they will probably tell you to take it to another dealer to get it repaired.
Johnny U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #29
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
They have to give you an answer as to what is wrong with the engine. Look at my post above, concerning the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. Find yourself a copy and print it off. It is the current law. They also have to give you the name of the zone representative and his contact information.

You want to know the easiest way to get their attention? Call your favorite local television station, and talk to their consumer affairs reporter. The absolute last thing a car dealer wants these days is a television news crew on their lot with a pissed off customer. They can't afford bad publicity. Just having the reporter call the dealership and inquire will usually change their tune dramatically.

Exactly!

Since they seem to want to play hard ball you need to utilize every tool in the box...there's too much at stake.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #30
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did some checking and your issue with "making oil" apparently is something of a common issue with the new 6.4....if caught soon enough not much engine damage will be done before it's too late....fuel dilution of the oil is causing rapid wear of the cylinder walls and bearings (lots of aluminum and iron etc....in the oil analysis....like the 6.0, Ford is doing everything they can to NOT cover this under warranty even if all service is done correctly(they have to fight International for reimbursement)....to diagnose where the fuel is leaking from this is what a Ford diesel tech says is the procedure they do at his dealership...they remove the valve covers and bring the rpm up and check the injectors and internal fuel lines for leaks...if none are found the only thing left is the high pressure fuel pump, which from what I am told requires the cab to be lifted to service.....the reason they won't tell you what the problem is,is probably because they never did these tests because of the labor involved....a flat rate tech won't make any money doing it and the service department won't get warranty reimbursement for it either....

it sounds like they tried to get you to "bite" on the engine replacement so everything would be new and they would not have you coming back every week with issues they would have to deal with, plus make a profit too....

do what Alan and the guys are telling you and also contact the State Attorney General's office and file a complaint against the dealership and Ford....the "blacklisting" of your vehicle for no warranty service won't allow another dealership to really give you any help until you start kicking some of these people in the n*ts......

D L Rambo....
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote