HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #131
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Chris Wertman RIP

Sorry to hear the news. Live every day..... is so true.... My thoughts go to Mandy and the boys. I am wishing strength to Dad also.
Any more news? about the accident
Dick Butler
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #132
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Mopar family has lost one of our favorite sons..Prayers go out to his family and friends form all of us here @ Chris3 Racing
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #133
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

It's been a few days now and I'm still in shock and still have a lump in my throat. Chris and I had been talking back and forth about his new Funny car in Comp idea these past few days. And I had jokingly PM'd Mandie saying that she should be the driver of that new car. I nearly fell off the chair when I heard.

It's rare when some one you have known such a short time, makes such an impact on you.

The first time I officially met Chris is when He and Mandie dropped by the trailer at the Norwalk divisional. I remember saying to myself after they had left, That they were going to be a fun bunch to go racing with. I looked forward to sitting at the trailer after racing was over, and bench racing with them. I'm saddened to think I won't be able to know Chris better.

My Heart goes out to David and Mandie, We have truly lost one of the good guys.

RIP Chris

Last edited by Steve Polhill; 08-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Steve Polhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #134
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 208 Times in 83 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Unhappy Re: Chris Wertman RIP

This ultra sad announcement is hard for me to come to grips with...no more "Drooze"? I've been away from this site since last week due there being no racing since the Mile Highs (now sadly Chris' last race, when he was just getting his new cars tires wet). As we got to know of him, he was so full of life...so optimistic...saw the positive in spite of the challenge before him (which underscores why it now seems befitting that his last race car was a Challenger!). Furthermore, his threads were some I always looked forward to reading. Drooze showed me our sport isn't about the cars (although the diversity of the combos we race is nice), but it's the people...people like Drooze! I never met him (sadly), but I was hoping someday to have that pleasure at one of the tracks on the western side of our great nation. Sadly, I won't get that opportunity, but I sure would've enjoyed a good brew, or other beverage with him while talking about our favorite sport. I guess now, I'll have to wait and plan to join him in quarter-mile heaven....

I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed the other thread about a memorial fund for him. How could this be that the same racer who's plaudits I enjoyed reading about just two weekends ago in Denver, would be the same racer this thread would be about the weekend after? We lost one of the best people associated with drag racing that our sport will ever know, and WAY TOO SOON!!! So young, and with so much hope, and inspiration not just for those who knew him, but for those of us who followed his plights, and travels...his was one of the threads I most enjoyed reading about on this forum. David, your son must've been an awesome young man, partner, and friend for you. Mandie & Keith, being a teammate and friend to Chris, must've been one of the greatest blessings either of you could ever have. To his children, what a dad you had the pleasure of sharing such joys with...as that expressed in the photo taken of all four of you in the pool. I can only pray that GOD BLESSES & COMFORTS YOU ALL, as you try to cope with this very heart wrenching loss, of a great son, father, teammate, and friend. My heart, and prayers to you all...Indy will not be the same, but hopefully with his goodness smiling from above, all who compete there (and everywhere he did), will take some gratitude for his upbeat, never give up demeanor....I know I will the next time I strap my helmet on...THANKS DROOZE...REST WELL CHRIS, REST WELL.....
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 08-06-2010 at 02:27 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote