HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Today, 12:00 PM   #1
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 981 Times in 64 Posts
Default Qualifying sheets at National Events

NHRA can make us all mad for various reasons, but my ire at Indy was drawn by the lack of qualifying sheet info being made available. Stock class ran Thursday first thing and was final pending tech by 10am. Crickets. The NHRA site had Stock Q3, but like it almost always is, was wrong. Nothing was ever posted about SS Q3 at all.

Nothing on he NHRA D3 FB page, as if one should actually have to go to friggin' FB to see event qualifying, and nothing at all on DRC. But guess what, we don't pay DRC to enter, we pay NHRA, and I did so to the tune of $810. Sometimes their lack of performance actually exceeds their arrogance, which frankly I didn't think was possible.

I feel bad for Kevin McKenna and Lonnie Grimm. We're friends, I look at them as my conduit to the machine, and as such they get an earfull from me from time to time. I voiced my displeasure to both regarding this situation. We all know seeing a Q sheet has been a problem at every National since Covid, and I've had enough of it. They're posted at Division races, there's no effin' reason they aren't at Nationals.

Well, Lonnie said he will personally post them at Maple Grove this week, and at all National events moving forward. And by that I mean old school, tape them to the fuel check trailer. Thank you sweet baby Jesus. Oh, and Lonnie too...

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #2
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 884 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: Qualifying sheets at National Events

Yes it was the people at the Draw booth at Indy who got NHRA to do one of the sheets because of the demand from racers and fans. What does it take to get one person in the tower to push a button? The qualifying is updating as we go down the track. So if there are no DQs it should be ready as soon as all cars are checked at the end of the track . Not hours later. At Earlville we had sheets in less than an hour after the last car was run in each category.
Lyn Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #3
Dan Bennett

Liked 434 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Smith View Post
What does it take to get one person in the tower to push a button?

Unless things have totally changed, that's exactly it. The DRC program reads directly from the system, and yes, the qualifying order updates in real time. Yes, you do have to press a key to switch the screen display. You can see the announcer doing that with live timing. The only delay was in getting "X class is clear" radio message from tech.

Other than staff has been cut to the bone (or maybe it's just the mindset that everything else is more important) I can't think of a single reason why this is now an issue.

On the computer, bring up qualfying sheet. Press Print. Grab the sheet(s) and send somebody (maybe that's the problem) with them and a tape dispenser to the posting area.

Last edited by Dan Bennett; Today at 01:44 PM.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 PM   #4
ken robinson

Liked 173 Times in 71 Posts

More than 1 time over the years I have gone to the tower and volunteered to bring the Q-sheet down to the trailer and post it . Not a big deal but like was said your dollar just doesn't buy anything much anymore
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #5
J.R. Haddad

Liked 992 Times in 218 Posts

There are a lot of reasons for many staff related situations since covid,
( or THE excuse of Covid). For different reasons we can live and die by
the qualifying sheets. No excuses, get them up as soon as tech gives
you the all clear, or not all clear, some dq's. You haven't asked any of
us to help you with it, so you must have it handled. I saw on a private
camera a shot of one of NHRA's Major Sponsors arriving at Indy. An
employee of NHRA had a drink in their hands before they could close
their door. So you have proven to me things can be done in a hurry.
Please use the drink server to post the Q sheets. They seem to understand
what "Right Now" means.

J.R.
J.R. Haddad is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #6
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,277 Times in 832 Posts

[QUOTE=Dan Fletcher;702713] We all know seeing a Q sheet has been a problem at every National since Covid, and I've had enough of it. They're posted at Division races, there's no effin' reason they aren't at Nationals.

What was difference pre-COVID?
Whom ever posted them then is no longer employed by NHRA since then?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #7
dragracerray

Liked 136 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
NHRA can make us all mad for various reasons, but my ire at Indy was drawn by the lack of qualifying sheet info being made available. Stock class ran Thursday first thing and was final pending tech by 10am. Crickets. The NHRA site had Stock Q3, but like it almost always is, was wrong. Nothing was ever posted about SS Q3 at all.

Nothing on he NHRA D3 FB page, as if one should actually have to go to friggin' FB to see event qualifying, and nothing at all on DRC. But guess what, we don't pay DRC to enter, we pay NHRA, and I did so to the tune of $810. Sometimes their lack of performance actually exceeds their arrogance, which frankly I didn't think was possible.

I feel bad for Kevin McKenna and Lonnie Grimm. We're friends, I look at them as my conduit to the machine, and as such they get an earfull from me from time to time. I voiced my displeasure to both regarding this situation. We all know seeing a Q sheet has been a problem at every National since Covid, and I've had enough of it. They're posted at Division races, there's no effin' reason they aren't at Nationals.

Well, Lonnie said he will personally post them at Maple Grove this week, and at all National events moving forward. And by that I mean old school, tape them to the fuel check trailer. Thank you sweet baby Jesus. Oh, and Lonnie too...
We get called to the lanes via cell phone. I wish we got qualifying sheets via cell phone. Someone here write the app. Yearly app fee goes to RFC. You still need NHRA help. Maybe a RFC representative in the tower? Ray
dragracerray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #8
Blackgar

Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts

In div4 Draw sells them for a buck. You'ld be surprised at how much they take in at that rate
Blackgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #9
L.Fite

Liked 388 Times in 196 Posts

We were discussing how F...'d up the world is since "COVID" today in regards to how much of a disruption it still is...

It has changed the mindset of many...
L.Fite is online now   Reply With Quote