HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #31
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Schedule

Something I find interesting is that Bristol has become a mainstay in the big-money bracket racing world, routinely drawing over 400 cars for a single class type event. Why are the National and Divisional events not well-attended? It's undoubtedly a world-class facility.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Something I find interesting is that Bristol has become a mainstay in the big-money bracket racing world, routinely drawing over 400 cars for a single class type event. Why are the National and Divisional events not well-attended? It's undoubtedly a world-class facility.
Because they are now in June or July, in horrible weather, and up against other events, such as the Hot Rod Reunion.

When Bristol is in the summer, it just plain is not fun, period. I've seen the air in Bristol in the summer be as bad as or worse than the air at Bandimere on the same day.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #33
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
May be the time of the year or the fact there is no altitude adjustment and some of us have a hard time running under the index up there. I would love to go back to Bristol but not until I can get a little more performance out of my combination.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #34
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Robbins View Post
May be the time of the year or the fact there is no altitude adjustment and some of us have a hard time running under the index up there. I would love to go back to Bristol but not until I can get a little more performance out of my combination.
I think Bristol may be the highest altitude track that does not get an adjustment. As stated above, I'm sure it has the worst air of a track that gets no adjustment, especially in June or July.

There was a time when the trees helped with the oxygen, but they're mostly gone now.

It's a beautiful facility, I love the place. I just wish they'd put it back in the spring, or better still move it to the fall. I hate being there in the summer.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
Mike Fuller

Liked 164 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Denysenko View Post
No more Stanton so now the great state of Michigan, no longer has a NHRA or IHRA event of any kind unless you consider that IHRA disaster held at Martin in August a event?
hard to believe that the former home state of THE US Nationals has not one nhra event!
Stanton has become a dangerous place to race in my view. This year many of the comp racers left before eliminations began. The division three people thought they had a chance of convincing Martin to change over to NHRA. That did not happen. Milan would not be a bad choice but there seems to be some reason why NHRA will not put a divisional event there (I think I know why).

The division three schedule has three races with awful weather. Like some other members stated in this thread, racing in these conditions is not fun for racers and spectators alike. People keep showing up so things will not change.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #36
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 104 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
I've seen the air in Bristol in the summer be as bad as or worse than the air at Bandimere on the same day.
Over 10,000 feet?!!!

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #37
JRyan

Liked 105 Times in 29 Posts

Lane, it may be higher or as high on Denvers best days. which are still over 5000. But at least at Bristol there is some oxygen. I have never been to Bristol but do agree looking at past races that it should be scheduled at a different time.

Rick
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #38
Dyno

Liked 608 Times in 179 Posts

For the 1st time since 2011, the race at Great Bend and Topeka are back to back. This should help the numbers for the Division 5 race. Dyno
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #39
camaro92

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to bristol ran 1279. 3 months later went to charlotte ran 1217. 6 tenths is crazy, Didnt change anything on the car The air in the summer is crazy up there
camaro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Does anyone on the west coast know who is in the running for the div 6 "TBA" race?
Medford? Double header at one of the other tracks?

Jim Mantle U/V/SA 6632
jmantle is offline   Reply With Quote