HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: A/SA First in the 9.80's

Just to be clear, I am in favor of any and all technology that goes into the new stuff just as I am in favor of new technology and equipment in my shop. You stay current or you get behind. My statement had more to do with making a combo a killer or a loser with the stroke of a pen. I don't like the idea of years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of mine and my customers money being tossed away because some bean counter thinks he can make a few brownie points. And that is what tech is becoming......bean counters.

On another note, I truely admire Chris and his Dad's desire to do most of the work on their cars. That is where hot rodding came from before the days of the mail order catalog. Also an imtimate knowledge of everything in your powerplant is extremely important and you only get that from doing it. Once you understand what works and what dosen't, only then can you make progress. The only way to get that understanding is by doing it.
SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote