HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Proposal for Old Cars in Stock

I proposed accepting the 68 Dart/Cuda Hemi cars in Stock. The specs are in the book for the last 42 years, the parts are still available, the hp factor is about right using the specs in the guide and you could add weight and get to AA/S or AA/SA. 9 inch tires, springs, stock mounts, original seats (they still around), no tubs, like stock is. The cam is smaller than the 64/65 car. The current factor is about 7.1 lbs/hp.

How about the Viper with an automatic (or at least in SS). The chevys got any trans they can think of (stick or manual), and we all know there are some questionable combos that have auto's that maybe didn't.

Salvation for some of the Darts/Cudas that are now out of SS/AH, and the Viper has never been run because of the trans in drag racing.. Who knows, maybe these cars (and I'm sure there some FoMoCo and Bowtie stuff) that might run with the new cars.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Proposal for Old Cars in Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I proposed accepting the 68 Dart/Cuda Hemi cars in Stock. The specs are in the book for the last 42 years, the parts are still available, the hp factor is about right using the specs in the guide and you could add weight and get to AA/S or AA/SA. 9 inch tires, springs, stock mounts, original seats (they still around), no tubs, like stock is. The cam is smaller than the 64/65 car. The current factor is about 7.1 lbs/hp.

How about the Viper with an automatic (or at least in SS). The chevys got any trans they can think of (stick or manual), and we all know there are some questionable combos that have auto's that maybe didn't.

Salvation for some of the Darts/Cudas that are now out of SS/AH, and the Viper has never been run because of the trans in drag racing.. Who knows, maybe these cars (and I'm sure there some FoMoCo and Bowtie stuff) that might run with the new cars.
Sounds like the fox guarding the hen house.
Let's divert attention from the bogus hp on the new cars by fudging the HP on some old
combos that wouldn't fit into stock if you submitted it to a committee of deaf,dumb and blind committee members.
I have no sympathy for someone who has a real or cloned Hemi car.Gee after all who would buy an old heapike that.
And yeah,untub them and put them in stock.But hey,they have so much HP that the rule has to be changed to let them run a 10 1/2" tire.How fast could they run on them.Uhh look how fast cars go in the 10 1/2" tire class.
And what the hell let's include the Viper with an auto.Just another rule change.
All to cover up an H car in the mid tens and Mustangs with 9.40 or faster potential.
Let's go for it.Another nail in the coffin.
On the other hand Jeff might just be funning us due to the date on the calender.:>)
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

how about we get NHRA to defactor the 2006 Z06 to about 415. then let's play ball in AA/S
Old 04-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
denny harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that will never happen chad,GM is not the official truck of the nhra anymore...would be sweet though.
denny harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny harvey View Post
that will never happen chad,GM is not the official truck of the nhra anymore...would be sweet though.
yes it would. I visions of titanium valves, rods, CNC'd heads and Dry Sump systems dancing in my head, lol. Too bad it will never happen
Old 04-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Mark Callanan

Liked 64 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Sounds like the fox guarding the hen house.
Let's divert attention from the bogus hp on the new cars by fudging the HP on some old
combos that wouldn't fit into stock if you submitted it to a committee of deaf,dumb and blind committee members.
I have no sympathy for someone who has a real or cloned Hemi car.Gee after all who would buy an old heapike that.
And yeah,untub them and put them in stock.But hey,they have so much HP that the rule has to be changed to let them run a 10 1/2" tire.How fast could they run on them.Uhh look how fast cars go in the 10 1/2" tire class.
And what the hell let's include the Viper with an auto.Just another rule change.
All to cover up an H car in the mid tens and Mustangs with 9.40 or faster potential.
Let's go for it.Another nail in the coffin.
On the other hand Jeff might just be funning us due to the date on the calender.:>)

Ed very well said
The cover up part is spot on
Mr teuton the best thing you can do is be quiet and be glad NHRA let you pervert the class....
Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Let's say they lower the numbers to 5.0 and up, then I can build that '65 aluminum 427 Cobra I've wanted to drag race......anybody got a spare million?

JimR
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Mark, you obviously don't know me. Keeping quiet is not one of my atributes. Perverting what class?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 10,053 Times in 2,086 Posts

Mark, Jeff has the right to remain silent but not the ability. Perversion: Is that when a person uses all of the chicken instead of just the feathers?
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
Mark Callanan

Liked 64 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Mark, you obviously don't know me. Keeping quiet is not one of my atributes. Perverting what class?

Are you saying you dont have class?
Don't you feel we need to have class in the type of racing we do?
At the end of the day don't you feel how we treat our fellow racers is what this is about?
If you know what your doing isn't right isn't it up to you to do what is right?
Is a couple of days of being happy that your got it over you fellow racers in the class you run is it worth it?
You ran over 1/2 of a second faster then the record do you feel H/Sa is the right place for your car?
Let us know what that motor made for HP on the dyno and lets see how anyone that runs in H/SA can even come within 75-100 HP
Jeff never be quiet I agree but also dont be un fair to you fellow racers
Money doesnt make the man class does....

Last edited by Mark Callanan; 04-02-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Mark Callanan is offline   Reply With Quote