CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stinnett or MaxSpeed (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86697)

sst7250 02-08-2024 02:08 PM

Re: Stinnett or MaxSpeed

I like being different. When I ran S/St before I used a stock 1150 that I modified. Much like I did with the stop, modified my own to work how I wanted. I have one here as well as the one I purchased that's on the way. My plan is to tinker with both, Might bite me in the rear but I kinda did the same last time. I was told a disc style Dedenbear would never work. Took me some time to figure it out but did ok for me. Just wont work this time as I have gone to a bigger carb, which seems to be frowned upon as well. Good news is I have one of my old ones still just in case.

Thanks again for the input.

1320racer 02-08-2024 03:10 PM

We run a bigger carb/bigger stop than is the norm and thinking on our S/C engine.

sst7250 02-08-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320racer (Post 693090)
We run a bigger carb/bigger stop than is the norm and thinking on our S/C engine.

Good to hear. I have heard so many say it wont work. Find it hard to believe honestly.

Looking forward to getting back into it and expecting to look stupid for awhile. Especially when I can't use my local track to test much as S/Pro is all 1/8 mile.

Tom Goldman 02-08-2024 06:15 PM

My ATM 1050 has the best fuel curve of any carb I've had . better on the stop than anything I've seen ,and I've seen a lot of other racers data graphs.

1320racer 02-09-2024 12:04 PM

Al what size carb/what throttle bore are you using?

sst7250 02-09-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320racer (Post 693199)
Al what size carb/what throttle bore are you using?

I actually have three carbs and now three stops I can choose from. I plan to start with a 2.400 blade, engine was happiest with this on the dyno fwiw. But also have a 2.200 and one of my old 2.125's I used back in the dark ages when I last ran S/ST along with the same stop. The new stop I purchased was for a 2.200 carb, and feel this is not to far ferom the "norm". You know the deal gotta find the right combo, got my tools ready to start with the converter tango as well.

1320racer 02-09-2024 01:49 PM

The ATM carb on my S/C dragster is a 2.400.

Charlie Yannetti 02-10-2024 01:32 PM

I purchased a #1 Billet Stop for my 540.. had a conversation with Gary about my car, and set-up.. Gary put an adjustable valve on the intake side, as well as the exhaust side, and provided a basic set-up.. couldn't be happier with my purchase.. I run a DC Carbs 1250 on top, set up by David Cook.. both great people to work with..

Keith 944 02-10-2024 02:13 PM

Gary just called me a few hours ago just to see how I was doing, what my plans were and how things have been. He has also tried tirelessly to get some sort of air cleaner on my new car with the engine offset and the way things sit under the hood very difficult, but he keeps trying. How many companies call you just to see how you’re doing? I sure wish Summit, JE, Amalie, and Manley would call me and tell me they’re finally going to send my contingency check from Maple Grove…. Just saying

1320racer 02-10-2024 03:54 PM

Gary’s customer service is outstanding. Many companies could learn a lot from
Him.