HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-06-2024, 01:24 AM   #1
Cglrcng

Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Default 1998 Buick Regal Sedan 4Dr LS with 195 HP 231 CI 6 CYL

Engine Intake Cover Says V6 "3800 Series II" Shipping Wt: 3342 WB 109" HP Factor :200 Power/Weight Factor: 16.71 (Both Stock and Super Stock).

Anyone know anything about that particular combo? Anybody running 1 now or in the past that you know of? Performance data avail. anywhere you know of? Anyone want or need a class or a sportsman bracket project car?

Classification sheets:

Stock say Natural Class is BF/S-16.00Lb/HP 3200 -142 3370 Min Wt. w/Driver 14.65-Q/9.17 1/8th Index (Sea Level) (AF/S, BF/S, CF/S)

S. Stock say Natural Class SS/OA-16.00Lb/HP 3200 -142 3370 Min Wt. w/Driver 12.30-Q/7.86 1/8th Index (Sea Level) (SS/NA, SS/OA, SS/PA)

****Is that at all usual to see the natural weight of a car combo in its natural fit class Stock/Super Stock both, exactly the same?

Spec sheet says it is Adv. Comp. Ratio 11.80:1 V6 Late Model Induction: PFI, Max Displacement 242.3 Ci, Cam: I .485/E .495, Cyl heads 4 diff casting #'s, Intakes 10 diff casing #'s, Throttle Bodies 3 diff model #'s

Car is not new, zero rust and Clean AZ Title, runs well, full working order (it does need another new ignition switch harness from under dash to ignition switch), as I have replaced 2 of them before, weakest part of that 1998 Buick Regal LS model, as if they sit for any extended period of time it carbons up inside the ign. switch and affects some or all dash lights, (easy $32.00 part and easy labor repair), has already had the Manifold upgrade fix as I did it years ago, and replaced the port fuel injectors and clips new at the same time while it was apart. Good tires, wheels, brakes, new front Hubs etc. Definitely needs loving attention and care in and out, paint etc. Also had the Power Steering Rack & Pinion replaced. (Oh yeah, I also have another Power Steering Rack/Pinion Brand New in the box for a Regal GS from Detroit Axle). Need that, talk to me please.

I understand this isn't the parts for sale section, but am asking about class combo info.- then will move it there or sell it locally if not worth the effort /or no interest here.

I was going to list it for sale locally, but thought I would ck the guide first (I did, & printed the sheets), and then ask around here for combo info first.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:49 AM   #2
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,840 Times in 1,535 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Buick Regal Sedan 4Dr LS with 195 HP 231 CI 6 CYL

Well, I've been playing with one with the SC 3800. It's completely stock except for an HP tuners program, a set of 8X26 Hoosier slicks (it has traction issues) and a converter out of some kind of Chevy mini-van. I've run AF/S with it and have never not run under the index. I think that Chris Vang has run a GP with the SC combo and gone pretty fast. Is a supercharger worth 40 HP?
To answer your question, I think that it could be a decent car judging by the NHRA specs but at what cost and what will you have when you're through? It won't come close to running with the turbo Mopars.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 07:04 PM   #3
Cglrcng

Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Buick Regal Sedan 4Dr LS with 195 HP 231 CI 6 CYL

Ty Billy, was about to dump it on Facebook Marketplace or something and just thought I would look it up, and saw the car/Driver wt was the same for both Stock/SS and just thought that was very different. Though I am not that experienced in that aspect of the game.