HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,725 Times in 543 Posts
Default Attention all Cecil county participants

Glen Cromwell president of Nhra is here today, he is walking around the pits meeting and greeting racers. I was fortunate enough to have a few minutes to pull him inside the trailer and have a discussion about track prep over the last several years. He was nice and I felt like he was listening. Felt good to get a little bit off my chest
I advise anybody else that has anything that they want to get off their chest now is the time he is here and will at least listen.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:40 PM   #2
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: Attention all Cecil county participants

Track prep, from the mouth of one of the best in the business,

Above 110 degrees track temp, tough to maintain... above 120 degrees,SOUP. too cold temp is very dependant on sunny or not
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-18-2023, 02:44 AM   #3
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 184 Times in 80 Posts

Well Keith, I had a similar conversation with Mr Cromwell, and he mentioned that he spoke to you, ya know, "that guy with the Porsche", so maybe your conversation sunk in.. he asked about track prep after the 660 ft mark..

If y'all noticed, the track at Cecil County was stellar, in my opinion, and it's pretty well known that I'm not a fan of the place.. I did ask a bunch of racers some questions, and even looked at several graphs.. IMPRESSIVE!!.. was all the extra prep for Mr Cromwell??.. could be the question of the day.. be that as it may, HAT TIP to D1 and the crew at Cecil County Dragway..

My conversation with Mr Cromwell covered a few things, but mostly track prep.. in particular, at those NHRA member tracks that do not provide decent track prep, or only prep to the 660 ft mark.. I suggested that Mr Cromwell assign someone to look into crashes that occurred in these situations where it is not a Divisional or National event.. after all these tracks do fly the NHRA banner..

I also took the opportunity to advise him where 1/8th mile racing should be filed.. as a result, I didn't get one of those fancy NHRA golf shirts like he was wearing.. IMAGINE THAT!!
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-18-2023, 06:58 AM   #4
427FE

Liked 310 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
was all the extra prep for Mr Cromwell??.. could be the question of the day.. be that as it may, HAT TIP to D1 and the crew at Cecil County Dragway..

I would definitely chalk that one up to Jim Halsey, the track owner. Hes always worked hard for the best track prep.

#1427 B/S
427FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:20 AM   #5
Keith 944
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
Well Keith, I had a similar conversation with Mr Cromwell, and he mentioned that he spoke to you, ya know, "that guy with the Porsche", so maybe your conversation sunk in.. he asked about track prep after the 660 ft mark..

If y'all noticed, the track at Cecil County was stellar, in my opinion, and it's pretty well known that I'm not a fan of the place.. I did ask a bunch of racers some questions, and even looked at several graphs.. IMPRESSIVE!!.. was all the extra prep for Mr Cromwell??.. could be the question of the day.. be that as it may, HAT TIP to D1 and the crew at Cecil County Dragway..

My conversation with Mr Cromwell covered a few things, but mostly track prep.. in particular, at those NHRA member tracks that do not provide decent track prep, or only prep to the 660 ft mark.. I suggested that Mr Cromwell assign someone to look into crashes that occurred in these situations where it is not a Divisional or National event.. after all these tracks do fly the NHRA banner..

I also took the opportunity to advise him where 1/8th mile racing should be filed.. as a result, I didn't get one of those fancy NHRA golf shirts like he was wearing.. IMAGINE THAT!!
Excellent! You just about mirrored my comments, I did tell him he probably would not see any issues at Cecil, it was ideal temps and the track was great, I believe Jim Halsey himself was taking control of that. I’m glad someone else got to have a good honest discussion with him
Old 04-18-2023, 07:22 AM   #6
Keith 944
VIP Member

Question Re: Attention all Cecil county participants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427FE View Post
I would definitely chalk that one up to Jim Halsey, the track owner. Hes always worked hard for the best track prep.
Absolutely! He races a pro mod himself and knows how a track should be!
Old 04-18-2023, 10:25 AM   #7
Jim Halsey

Liked 16 Times in 1 Post

We were very happy to have the NHRA President at our event and visit with our racers, fans and staff. I think things like this are good for our sport and show that the NHRA does look to make our sport even greater. The track prep had nothing to do with his visit, it was just our normal Cecil effort combined with good weather and great racers! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Jim Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:09 AM   #8
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 58 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Halsey View Post
We were very happy to have the NHRA President at our event and visit with our racers, fans and staff. I think things like this are good for our sport and show that the NHRA does look to make our sport even greater. The track prep had nothing to do with his visit, it was just our normal Cecil effort combined with good weather and great racers! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Being honest Jim my car NEVER spins but the last time i was at Cecil, every other pass it blew the tires off. This past weekend it was spot on and the 60 moved .008 out of 4 runs. (broke in the water for 3rd round) after the redo of the burnout box and starting line I'm no longer worried about going to the event. Its nice and close only 100 miles
Old 04-18-2023, 08:15 PM   #9
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,065 Times in 327 Posts

Jeff Kundratic tried to drag me over to meet Glen while he was enjoying a Cecil Burger with Bob Lang but, I didn't feel it was my place to say anything and knew that the racers would stand up to voice their concerns. I do hope he was able to take it all in, grab some positive results and some things that need to be worked on.

I can say from hosting events at Cecil over the past 12 years that there is one person that puts 110% into his track prep and that's Jim. You can see all improvements that have been made to Cecil, track re-done and grounded, new equipment for prep, new scoreboards and soon new stands on the tower side. Jim & Chad (His track MGR) have been doing a lot to the facility and bringing new programs to the plate for the racers, from what I heard from alot of racers over the weekend, they were really happy with Cecil.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 06:27 AM   #10
SGSST109E

Liked 126 Times in 60 Posts

The track prep at Cecil was perfect. Three runs and 60's were identical to the thousand. Wish Gainesville took the same approach to track prep.
SGSST109E is offline   Reply With Quote