HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Inquiring Mind

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blinders or no blinders- NHRA's view??

With all the talk about using blinders or no blinders, I thought I might mention what NHRA's perspective MIGHT be??.. This is just my thoughts, not NHRA's....

By outlawing blinders; 1)- it would be safer and 2)- everybody would be on the same playing feild.

If they continued to allow blinders; 1) it would be less safe and 2) everybody would be on the same playing feild.

You do the math. I think NHRA made a smart decision. Try not to look at it from your personal preference, look at the big picture and I believe you will come to the same conclusion that NHRA did.

In any competition, as long as everyone is on the same playing feild, that should be all that matters, so I can see why NHRA's wants to get rid of them and make it safer. I have used blinders and even a very small blinder when placed close enough to the face can really block alot of vision and lead to safety issues. As far as sun visors??? Some race cars/ dragsters etc do not even have sun visors so again I can see why NHRA does not allow them as well to keep the playing feild even.
Inquiring Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
William Koski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blinders or no blinders- NHRA's view??

The way I put my blinder up the only thing I could not see would be a bird the size of a hummingbird flying at my windshield so the safety issue is a red herring as far as I'm concerned. Why not just admit they got tired of the wailers and whiners and after an accident saw their opportunity to placate them!
After much thought I've come up with my solution!
In my next life I'm coming back and am going to drive the same type cars with the same starting system instead of a 1600lb. car with about 800HP and a button on a pro tree and another car at 3500lbs., 165HP and a clutch on a full tree and then I will be qualified to look down at other racers as non-drivers who need a crutch!!!!!!!!!!
William Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Blinders or no blinders- NHRA's view??

The only ones that bothers me are the guys with 5000 sq ft of Duck Tape on the windshields... dangerous.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNorton View Post
The only ones that bothers me are the guys with 5000 sq ft of Duck Tape on the windshields... dangerous.
or the mailbox attatched to their helmet
Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw a guy with a shower curtain in the ****pit for a while.....he was busted with a device he didn't want everyone seeing him watch eventually. Bracket racer of course.....cheatin' bastages.
Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote