HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
goinbroke2

Liked 210 Times in 82 Posts
Default Trouble surfing Class racer

I remember seeing a thread a couple months ago with people having to click and then wait...and wait....and wait.. Well it was happening to me too and it seemed some "more computer savy than me" types were working on it. It has been so bad I haven't been back since Christmas or so. To get this thread started has taken me 13 minutes of click......go do something...click....

This happens at my home computer and the computer at work as well. I called a buddy who's not into racing to try this link and he said he waited like 5 minutes then gave up.

Anybody got any idea's?? Was a solution found for those have issue navigating Class racer?

(if this even posts..)
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
Dan Nugent

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Trouble surfing Class racer

I have to set my security setting to high to block a pop up add by "genius box " and because of that it slows everything but not as bad as yours. This site and ebay are the only ones this comes up on.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I was having a bunch of problems too. Someone suggested Adblock a couple of weeks ago. Its a free download. It has been smooth sailing ever since.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
goinbroke2

6 minutes and 18 seconds to get this point...I d/l adblock, no difference. I'll try the security setting but I don't understand why it only this site, NO OTHER on the internet that is giving me issues.

DAMN this is annoying!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,706 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
6 minutes and 18 seconds to get this point...I d/l adblock, no difference. I'll try the security setting but I don't understand why it only this site, NO OTHER on the internet that is giving me issues.

DAMN this is annoying!
I was having a similar problem. My computer was infected with malware. Once that was cleaned up I had no more problems. I suspect you have a similar issue.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,469 Times in 549 Posts

Download Malwarebytes and clean up your computer.
You will be amazed how much junk has been stored from various sites.

www.malwarebytes.org/‎
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Download Malwarebytes and clean up your computer.
You will be amazed how much junk has been stored from various sites.

www.malwarebytes.org/‎
I use that. Works very well. I still get a buzzer sounds, and a warning that this site is trying to download something dangerous to my machine at times.Can't tell what it is. Evidently it blocks it.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #8
goinbroke2

Thanks guys, I d/l that malwarebytes and it took out 228 "issues" I had but after rebooting as per the instructions....same thing. Now I will say it was quicker, maybe 30 seconds instead of several minutes but there must be something else as well.

Random thought, is anybody else still using XP or am I the only hold out (read too cheap to get a new computer cause this thing can't operate any newer op system)

Basically I click on Classracer and the home page comes up, but if I click on anything (S/SS, S/SS tech, Clas racer builds, etc) it takes minutes to load and says "waiting for http://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58...

Just noticed another difference, when I finally do get to the thread page and click on a thread, it comes up normal..it's just the main page that is causing issues, now anyway.

So, would XP factor into it at all or no? And why is it more than just my home computer doing this? The one at work and my buddies does the same thing??
Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,469 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
Thanks guys, I d/l that malwarebytes and it took out 228 "issues" I had but after rebooting as per the instructions....same thing. Now I will say it was quicker, maybe 30 seconds instead of several minutes but there must be something else as well.

Random thought, is anybody else still using XP or am I the only hold out (read too cheap to get a new computer cause this thing can't operate any newer op system)

Basically I click on Classracer and the home page comes up, but if I click on anything (S/SS, S/SS tech, Clas racer builds, etc) it takes minutes to load and says "waiting for http://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58...

Just noticed another difference, when I finally do get to the thread page and click on a thread, it comes up normal..it's just the main page that is causing issues, now anyway.

So, would XP factor into it at all or no? And why is it more than just my home computer doing this? The one at work and my buddies does the same thing??
Get rid of Windows XP and use Windows 7.
Also, use Firefox in lieu on Internet Explorer.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I still use XP. No problems, other than the infrequent warnings about blocking a download.