HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Robert Swartz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Drawer find

As opposed to a barn find. Cleaning out my 90 year old mothers house in preparation to sell the family farm. My wife and I were cleaning out an old filing cabinet. I found a file folder with a bunch of receipts from the 70's for a 1967 Mustang I built. Also found some parts catalogues and a few Division 3 newsletters. One explaining the new index system.

Also found a bunch of parts books of my Dads. A bunch of old Ford service bulletins. He worked for a Ford dealer out of Indianapolis that sold and serviced industrial and remanufactured engines. Anyone out there remember Romine Industries or Dealer's Engine ( re: Paul Romine). I knew Paul from when I was a kid. Haven't talked to him since probably the early 80's. Before he got famous.

Also found my acceptance for a SS number, which I never used. Back then had plans to run a 225hp 289 in SS/M. Ended up swapping the heads for a pair of Crane ported heads with 2.02 valves and threw a tunnel ram and two fours on it. Called it a D/MP car, lol! Don't think I ever got out of the 12's with it. Hey, I was a dumb 20 year old kid, didn't have a clue. Thought I had a race car. To those that really know me, they'd probably say very little has changed.

Just a piece of a time from long ago, now past.

Bob
95 Achieva EF/SA, 78 Mustang II U/SA (work in progress) #354 stock
Robert Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote