HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Ken Howell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Does Royal Purple Care About Their Customers?

Three or four years ago Houston Raceway Park signed a multiple year contract with Royal Purple Synthetic Oil for the naming rights for the Baytown track. At that time there was talk from the track about future improvements to the facility. About 5 years ago we had a similar rain that flooded the north pit area, racers had to leave many rigs due to muddy conditions. Racers returned a week later to complete the race. With the ever increasing expansion of pro parking most sportsmen racers below Comp find themselves in the north pit area. The conditions in this area have not improved in the 5 year period. It looks like with Royal Purple's name on this track there would be an interest on their part to work with the track to provide a facility that can accommodate all accepted entrants. Many of the entrants that were effected by the muddy conditions use Royal Purple products. Maybe it's time for racers to let Royal Purple hear from their customers.

Racers can go to WWW.ROYALPURPLE.COM then hit contact and you can send an email to Royal Purple letting them know in numbers how we feel. Maybe with Royal Purple's help some pressure can be put on the operators of the Baytown track. Racers have two options, they can quit using Royal Purple products and make the decision on when they return to the Baytown track.
Ken Howell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 509 Times in 128 Posts
Default Re: Does Royal Purple Care About Their Customers?

Ken know where in this response do I see any improvements being made in the future.

Here the response I got from Royal Purple

Mr. Carpenter,

Thank you for your email and appreciate your feedback pertaining to the recent NHRA O’Reilly Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway. We understand there will be individuals who did not like the decision to cancel the sportsman series but this decision was made by NHRA, not Royal Purple or the owners of the track. Due to the event being televised live by ESPN, NHRA determined it was in their best interests to cancel all eliminations for the sportsman racers.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us and our hope is that you will continue to be a Royal Purple fan not only because our products outperform other lubricants in the market, but that you want the best racing oils to help you outperform the competition.

Sincerely,

Randy

Randy Fisher

Marketing Director
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 509 Times in 128 Posts

FYI I use Redline
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts

Ed, let's see what you wrote in your email to them. Did you let them know that it was the tracks fault that NHRA had to cancel the sportsmen? Seems like they have no idea that the track has problems with the sportsmen pits and that was the cause of no sportsmen racing. I understand NHRA's reasoning. They would have had to let all the pros, alcohol, and pro mods move out and then move all of the sportsmen in to be able to race. They would have had to run the race on Monday and then a bunch of sportsmen still would be pissed that they couldn't stay and had to forfeit. At least they gave us our entry and all crew member tickets back. That cost them big time, and it was the best decision. With that said, I'm starting my email to Royal Purple now and I suggest we all do the same. It's the tracks fault.... Period.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 806 Times in 180 Posts

I think you guys are wasting your time going after Royal Purple. All they did was buy naming rights to the track. They don't have anything to do with track operations. That would be like blaming Minute Maid every time the Astros lose. NHRA made the cancellation decision. Your beef would be would them. I have no dog in this hunt, just my .02.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Randall Klein

Liked 318 Times in 67 Posts

Wow! If our marketing manager had that response, he would be a former mkt manager. He should be working for Obama or MS-NBC! Most often when you have "naming rights" on a facility, you are hoping to enhance your corporate image. You're "face" to the customer is the facility and its amenities.

Generally named entities are not on dilapidated venues.

Royal Purple surely realizes that its paying customers are almost all sportsmen racers, don't they?

You name it, you own the experience your customers get.
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Jeff Colvert

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Does Royal Purple Care About Their Customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Ken know where in this response do I see any improvements being made in the future.

Here the response I got from Royal Purple

Mr. Carpenter,

Thank you for your email and appreciate your feedback pertaining to the recent NHRA O’Reilly Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway. We understand there will be individuals who did not like the decision to cancel the sportsman series but this decision was made by NHRA, not Royal Purple or the owners of the track. Due to the event being televised live by ESPN, NHRA determined it was in their best interests to cancel all eliminations for the sportsman racers.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us and our hope is that you will continue to be a Royal Purple fan not only because our products outperform other lubricants in the market, but that you want the best racing oils to help you outperform the competition.

Sincerely,

Randy

Randy Fisher

Marketing Director
Sounds like another answer you would get from "A SUIT".
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Don View Post
I think you guys are wasting your time going after Royal Purple. All they did was buy naming rights to the track. They don't have anything to do with track operations. That would be like blaming Minute Maid every time the Astros lose. NHRA made the cancellation decision. Your beef would be would them. I have no dog in this hunt, just my .02.
This post makes zero sense. We aren't blaming royal purple for us losing a round like blaming minute maid for the Astros. Now if minute maid parks seats were full of turds and the stadium was crumbleling to the ground and that's why they canceled the game, then you could make that analogy. I would bet Minute maid wouldn't want thier name in that park anymore. That is what we are trying to get done, make the track improve or lose its royal purple money. This is not NHRAs fault. The venue Is the reason for the cancelation. But what do I know, I was just racing there and seen it first hand, a few times now
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 806 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
This post makes zero sense. We aren't blaming royal purple for us losing a round like blaming minute maid for the Astros. Now if minute maid parks seats were full of turds and the stadium was crumbleling to the ground and that's why they canceled the game, then you could make that analogy. I would bet Minute maid wouldn't want thier name in that park anymore. That is what we are trying to get done, make the track improve or lose its royal purple money. This is not NHRAs fault. The venue Is the reason for the cancelation. But what do I know, I was just racing there and seen it first hand, a few times now
You're right, the "Astros losing" analogy is a bit of a disconnect. Blaming Minute Maid for a stadium deficiency would be more appropriate. In any event, the point I was trying to make was that a company that buys naming rights has little to do with venue operations. I hope you are successful in bringing pressure on the track owners.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
supergas4

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Hagon you are totaly right.royal purple should care with their name on the place.I will write the marketing dr.too.maybe 200 emails from racers will get him thinking straight.Dwight Allen.we had one in s/g and one in s/c.
supergas4 is offline   Reply With Quote