HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Indy Rainout....

I don't care for the Indy Rainout schedule......I wasn't there but correct me if I'm wrong....

Super Comp and Super Gas did not run 1st round....and the event rained out....rescheduled for the following weekend over the top of the Atlanta National....

But don't worry...you can withdraw from Atlanta so you can go back to Indy?....Unless you're local maybe...and were not going to Atlanta anyway....I wouldn't be very happy...Many of you aren't....

Shouldn't the racers entered in Atlanta (weeks before) get a credit for Indy....Doesn't seem right...that if you want to run Atlanta, you lose 160-320 for Indy....you're already going to lose the expenses....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
TruRacrMotorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Indy Rainout....

I guess it's a shame that you weren't there to be part of the advisory meeting...I'm sure you could've made the correct call...
TruRacrMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
pontiacchuck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that is just total stuiped who is on that board to make such a bad call
pontiacchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I almost called in....but I can't believe nobody said anything about being over Atlanta...and how many were there....?

was it just a couple or was it 20 or more....I might have asked that....you can withdraw from Atlanta ...but who would want to do that to run a divisional....
Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacchuck View Post
that is just total stupidity... who is on that board to make such a bad call
Ouch!.....I was not there....but I suspect Jay did not have an open weekend for a while other than next weekend...
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
TruRacrMotorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There were really only two choices...stay and try to finish it on Monday...or next weekend. After that the track had a prior commitment, Norwalk D3, then two more weekends of prior commitments. Needing to get the race in to count for the Allstars, it needed to be completed by next weekend. The majority vote was to reschedule it for the next weekend and not force people to take an extra day off work. I doubt the handful of people planning on Atlanta compared to the 452 entries left in Indy. No matter what the decision was, people were going to be upset. Have the race on Monday...some racers are going to be forced to leave because they can't miss work. Have the race next weekend...and some racers will choose not to come back.

The only thing I don't agree with is that when we left the meeting, it was said that we would do TT's and try to get a couple rounds in on Saturday...then finish Sunday. Now it appears all that is being done is TT's on Saturday...which is going to make for a long day on Sunday.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
TruRacrMotorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

@ pontiacchuckles

If you believe it to be such a bad call, then the advisory board should be your first application for next season...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Chaserfan1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With the forecast being shaky again this weekend, I don't understand why NHRA isn't trying to be more aggressive with the schedule. One hit and go as long as the track will hold. With the current schedule, any delays on Sunday and we're looking at a Monday finish. Not for me, but for the good racers!
Chaserfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Ken MacNicol

Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts

I am 1 of the ones that is entered in Atlanta. I have no problem with the rescheduled event, but would like to get credit towards another div 3 race but was told no, the race was already started on Friday and Saturday.
Ken MacNicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Well we were not there and as matter of fact we don't even own a car anymore. But I don't think your ever going to please everyone. If you stay over some will not because they have to work through the week. If you tow back you have $$$ in fuel. The track has employees who have jobs through the week. So it's a catch 22 from all angles.

I guess it could be worse.....Houston!
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote