HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Smile Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

Like many of you reading this I'm preparing for the 2013 racing season and am concerned with the few extra pounds put on from Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Years eve - the Super Bowl and lets not forget that great Valentines dinner the other night .Also like many of you I'm a "baby boomer" - you know -- getting long in the tooth and plenty grey .But I still want to go rounds - that said all those young twenty-something "wippersnappers" we'll have to face this season will be gunning for us and I'm just not going to lay down and let them go bye .As we get older the "job" gets a little tougher and we must prepare .

Having a great car is good but not enough so this racer decided to try and get back in shape a little .How you ask - first thing is I joined a gym .Second is trying to listen to the professionals there .So far I've received no dividends from going but mentally I feel better just for going - we'll see further down the road how it plays out .And as a side benefit there are some of those twenty-something females there every morning ....and that my friends will wake you up ! ! And maybe motivate you a little .

Can I be alone thinking like this .........or are there more of you guys ( and gals ) hiding in the closet just waiting to come out and scream .....................

I wanted to take some pictures of my first day inside ( with a fresh "ClassRacer" t-shirt ) on some of the machines but am waiting for their "permission" .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bas 007.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	15928   Click image for larger version

Name:	bas 006.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	15929  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 685 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

This is a great idea on many levels!
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

Jack, an excellent project, I encourage you to hang with in. I am of the same mind set.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

can't wait for inside pics...............
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Jack, after many years in an Airborne regiment I can tell you the best way to lose weight without going to a gym(unless you want to check the opposite sex and help them). #1 cut chips and any type of soft drinks even more the diet type, they are worse. # 2 no exercise has even come close to the benefit of doing a Military push up. you can start by using your steps in your hall and start at the easiest position and work yourself slowly to the lowest and once you can make five perfectly done push up you can move to ten three times a day until you twenty can be done without puffing like steam engine going up a hill.#3 stationary bike for us stuck in winter condition, 1 mile a day is all that is needed for losing those unwanted pounds. Easier than those fades, this way you can spend your money on that new COPO. I forgot when replacing soft drinks make sure to keep water in the refrigerator very cold with a lime or lemon cut and ready to use into your glass and keep it handy.One month of this regiment and you will lose usually ten pounds easy, plus be in the greatest shape.Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 373 Times in 80 Posts

Jack, please lose some for me..............
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #7

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I ride my bicycle on the beach bike path everyday, 10-15 miles. Today it was 80 degrees at the beach in Playa Del Rey. I have been doing this for several years and have never felt better.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Fred Rice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some excellent points, Jack. It is ever more challenging to stay in some sort of physical shape as we age. I will hit 62 this year and have made the same commitment. As a matter of fact my wife just got finished walking me....lol.

I purchased an eliptical machine and plan to work out on it every morning, cut my meal portions down and eliminate soda and fast foods. I think this is all good. I know I am already starting to feel better. Thanks for bringing this topic to the front as we would all like to go a few more rounds in life.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,149 Times in 784 Posts

Check out the Zone diet, it's a healthy formula of protein, carbohydrates and fat. It's easy and it works.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts

Jack
Glad to see you have joined the workout crowd. Keep at it and you will see a difference. I'm no expert but do know a little about it. After heart issues I am back at the weights and have the bench back to around 275lb. At 63 I think I will try for 300 and no higher. Shoulders too old. You feel better when you workout because endorphins are released. Thats the runners high you have heard about. These are the bodys own happy drug as well as a pain killer of sorts. Working out is a plus when you are dieting because eating your "happy foods" can release these endorphins but you may have removed them from your diet. Thats why some people are grumpy on a diet. The exercise will release endorphiins. Claude mentioned diet drinks as something to be avoided. Not totally true but they can trick the body into thinking it has gotten a sugar fix and when it realizes it hasnt gotten the sugar it craves it and you might eat something to stop the craving. Thats how it has been explained to me.
Hope you stay with it as even if the results are hard to see they are real.
My grandson is sitting beside me having a choc. milk which reminds me of the endorphins the choc will release and he will be on a sugar rush shortly because of those pesky endorphins and get his brother wound up as well. Life is good.