HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts
Default Did NHRA make the right call

Its Monday, still racing at Maple Grove, it rained Saturday, did NHRA make the right call last week?

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 684 Times in 213 Posts
Cool Re: Did NHRA make the right call

Doesn't history always prove who is right? Our two national events are both Pomonas. We get inclement weather and delays about half the time.That's one of the risks of racing-either trying to schedule events, or as a contestant.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Did NHRA make the right call

turns out it was the right call, as I doubt that you could have got that event in anywhere in the are, so another track was a moot point THIS time. My thread was never about second guessing NHRA, it was about looking at the situation as a whole and hoping that NHRA would put contingency plans in place that the racers would be aware of.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Xx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EatCrow-Baby1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	9437  
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 185 Times in 81 Posts

NHRA absolutely made the right call.. I was working for a Comp team and had just my motorhome, and lucky enough, got an almost dry spot to park.. it only sank about two inches.. there was no way anyone was going to be able to park in the Sportsman areas.. and I will not blame them for the timing issue as I think they were hoping till the last possible minute to get everyone in.. and a special thanks to Tom Goldman for giving me a heads up before I rolled EVERYTHING out of the driveway..

HOWEVER, I will be opting out of the Sportsman Show this coming weekend, even though the weather is supposed to be great.. I paid well over $400 in entry fees for myself and crew to go to a National Event, not a Sportsman Show.. I not only go to race, but I go for the fanfare also.. this week there will be NONE!!.. no Pros, no Midway, nothing.. I'll take my credit for 2012..

SO, weather permitting, I'll see you at the Dutch Classic..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Bob Lasko

Liked 176 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
NHRA absolutely made the right call.. I was working for a Comp team and had just my motorhome, and lucky enough, got an almost dry spot to park.. it only sank about two inches.. there was no way anyone was going to be able to park in the Sportsman areas.. and I will not blame them for the timing issue as I think they were hoping till the last possible minute to get everyone in.. and a special thanks to Tom Goldman for giving me a heads up before I rolled EVERYTHING out of the driveway..

HOWEVER, I will be opting out of the Sportsman Show this coming weekend, even though the weather is supposed to be great.. I paid well over $400 in entry fees for myself and crew to go to a National Event, not a Sportsman Show.. I not only go to race, but I go for the fanfare also.. this week there will be NONE!!.. no Pros, no Midway, nothing.. I'll take my credit for 2012..

SO, weather permitting, I'll see you at the Dutch Classic..
X2 on that, see you at the DUTCH
Bob Lasko
Bob Lasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #7
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Charlie Yanetti:

You're 100% correct.I whip them when I thi nk they're wrong.But in this case they made the right call at the right time.
I was caught in the quagmire at Virginia a few years ago.We piled in a pickup,dropped someone off,went home and picked up the guy and returned the next week.What can you do?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote