HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Crew Tickets at Etown

I bought 2 crew passes at approx 6pm on friday night for my wife and son who were coming down that evening. The people at the booth charged me $55 each because they were coming in that evening. I explained that we had already been told the race was to be completed on saturday. I was rudely told it $55 or nothing and it was NHRA's policy, when it was advertised on the website as $15/ fri $/20 sat and $20/ sun. I was very happy to see all the free tickets and carload deals for spectators, but we got to pay $110 dollars for two people, , including a 14 year old that can't go to the lanes to see a couple rounds of racing.

Last edited by krugracing12; 09-12-2010 at 09:21 PM.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Ron Steiner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Crew Tickets at Etown

I purchased a crew ticket about 6:30 pm on Friday night and was charged $40.00. I didn't even ask for a discount because of the late time and no racing on Sunday.
Ron Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugracing12 View Post
I bought 2 crew passes at approx 6pm on friday night for my wife and son who were coming down that evening. The people at the booth charged me $55 each because they were coming in that evening. I explained that we had already been told the race was to be completed on saturday. I was rudely told it $55 or nothing and it was NHRA's policy, when it was advertised on the website as $15/ fri $/20 sat and $20/ sun. I was very happy to see all the free tickets and carload deals for spectators, but we got to pay $110 dollars for two people, , including a 14 year old that can't go to the lanes to see a couple rounds of racing.
I think the difference in the crew passes is that they can enter through the racer gate where the other have to come through the spectator entrance. In D4 the spectator gates do not open at the same time as the racer gate. Just another way to get more of your money.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Crew Tickets at Etown

Billy -- they have a sliding scale for firefighters... the cost of the ticket goes up based on the number of days you've been on duty in the last month...

love ya -- hi to the family

srm
Mackie Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Scott will you be @ Sportsnationals?
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tommy,

nice to hear from you... saw your Vega in N/D... think it was an article about mountain motors... never knew you had a 903 in that Vega... no wonder you're so good! and I thought it was just Chris' wild paint jobs!

tough time at our household. Lucy's father has been terribly ill, and today they pulled him off life support... he's 80 years old, but it all started with a mosquito bite (West Nile virus). Have to see if we can make it to Columbus... I'm doing some consulting in Kansas City for a few months at Weld Racing... don't you need a set of beadlocks to go with that 903 in the Vega?

Be well, hope the family is great

srm
Old 09-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Crew Tickets at Etown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Family Racing View Post
Tommy,

nice to hear from you... saw your Vega in N/D... think it was an article about mountain motors... never knew you had a 903 in that Vega... no wonder you're so good! and I thought it was just Chris' wild paint jobs!

tough time at our household. Lucy's father has been terribly ill, and today they pulled him off life support... he's 80 years old, but it all started with a mosquito bite (West Nile virus). Have to see if we can make it to Columbus... I'm doing some consulting in Kansas City for a few months at Weld Racing... don't you need a set of beadlocks to go with that 903 in the Vega?

Be well, hope the family is great

srm

I can always use beadlocks, think of me when you are at Weld, sorry to hear about your father in law.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary,

the good news is that people never stop eating ice cream, so you should be able to splurge for a set of double-beadlocks for both cars!

hope things are well in Hopewell Junction

srm
Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott,
Sorry for the late reply, I could not get this thing to post. I tried you on FB, that would not work either. If they charged me by the # of days worked recently, I would have needed a loan from the "Royal Bank Of Mackie" to get in. Sorry to hear of Lucy's dad, that is never an easy situation. Our best to the girls

Ron, I wonder if they called the tower after I left and got permission to change the price. I stayed polite even when the guy was a complete jerk, but it was not easy.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote