HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts
Default I was partially wrong!

Shouldn't have been a surprise since I'm wrong often but after spending four days at the US Nationals I have to apologize to all S/G and S/C racers out there. I sat through all Qualifying rounds and was surprised at how much I was entertained by the quality field. People did stay in the stands and weren't to stumped by the time delay. I saw a lot of close racing, many rounds were won by old school full blast run with low mile an hour times. Where I'm partially right, is after talking to many racers many have told me that it's getting ridiculous to compete with engines that rival some banana republics total domestic gross national budgets. I was wrong the class seems to be doing well and maybe I was living in the past. Everybody were quite upbeat and like I've heard before maybe all who are complaining seems to be the people who do not have a car, like me! I'll probably be rectifying this in the near future. Thanks to all the racers out there who have set me straight, again!lol Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I was partially wrong!

You're quite right about the big dollar engine issue, some people have money and will spend it. But just as it's always been (in all forms of motorsport), it's a kick to compete with older technology and less horsepower -- and be successful. No, you're not likely to win a national championship with a 160mph SC car, but it sure is fun to put the 185mph guy on the trailer, and with a little luck take home the trophy.