HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
RCM426

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dean Oliver ??????

Hello has anyone talked with Dean Oliver lately . I have been trying to get a hold of him thanks for reading Rich
RCM426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
Brian Fink

Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Dean Oliver ??????

I am wondering the same thing particularly since he has always been quick to reply ; I hope everything is OK .
Brian Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Detroit Bob

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

My brother got an e-mail from him, seems he's had a health issue, and is at home trying to get back up to speed.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
RCM426

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Dean Oliver ??????

Thanks for the heads up glad Dean is coming along thanks again Rich
RCM426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
Alan Warman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I talked to Dean on Friday. He's got kidney stones.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Warman View Post
I talked to Dean on Friday. He's got kidney stones.
X2, He has been having a really rough time with them. Missed several days of work. Had to have a stint put in, then after removing it, had more to try to pass. Didnt sound like fun to me..........

Wade
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Dean Oliver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had two kidney stones that knocked me for a loop. I passed one in the ER a week ago this past Saturday only to be back in the hospital to have a second one removed the following Monday. After they removed the second one they inserted a stint from my kidney to my bladder, and that thing was uncomfortable to say the least. I had to have five different pain medications including morphine to make the pain go away in the ER, so I guess that tells you that it either hurt really bad or I'm a big sissy. Anyway, I actually feel normal today. Thanks to Alan and others with diet advice for kidney stone people like me.

I would like to share this with everyone in case it might help somebody. My doctor said that despite all of the dietary changes suggested by various internet sources that are supposed to help prevent the formation of kidney stones, there are basically two things that have been shown to consistently help patients. He said that for 85% of kidney stone people, if you (1) drink enough water (divide your weight by 2 to determine the number of ounces of water that you should drink per day) and (2) don't add salt to your food, you will never have another stone. Hopefully I'm in that 85%........

Thanks everyone for the calls and the get well wishes.

Dean
Dean Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
MYRONARL1119

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dean, Your doctor gave you part of the story. Let me tell you about the other possibility for kidney stones. I have had probably 30 in my life time and can only agree that they are very painful, and pain medication is your freind. The other thing that causes stones is something called Oxalate. More than likely most of your favorite foods are high in oxalates, and a low oxalate diet is difficult at best. Some foods high in oxalates are berries, fruit salads,grapes,lemon,rhubarb,beetroot,chard,parsley ,spinach ,and nuts. Also soy products are on this list. My kidney stone doc put me on moduretic, and take a 600 mg calcium tablet with each meal. Hopefully your stones don't fall in this group. We had a test that was about 600 dollars and this was the result of that test. I can tell you that the "breaking up" of stones with ultrasound isn't exactly painless, and that procedure can only be done so many times. Good luck to you and keep the pain pills handy. Myron Stutes
MYRONARL1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
Dan Wilson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard that shifting at 9200 will break up those stones. Or was it took stones to shift at 9200?
Dan
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 599 Times in 130 Posts

I have had 3 stones in the last 20 years. The first one was by far the most painfull, 3 days in the hosp. and passed it. The second one was less painfull and i pushed the water and passed it. The third one i had blasted, it worked and was not bad to get done.

I hate taking any pain meds, i would rather suffer than take that stuff, the pain for the first one was so bad that i lay on the streacher at the hosp. with my eyes closed and curled up and i couldn't wait for them to give me a shot in the *** to stop the pain. OH,,, did I mention the consoling nurse said nicely to me " oh , i understand that this is the closest thing a man can experiance to childbirth" The woman that I have talked to that have had both ,children and kidney stones,tell me they will take childbirth.