HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 808 Times in 216 Posts
Default The 2009 GT/AA Class Shoot Out at Vegas

The 2009 GT/AA Class Shoot Out at Vegas in October . Can anyone defeat The West Coast Heavy Hitter with his Big Block Sunfire Frank "Mr. Ice in Veins " Grossi. Frank won Class last year at Vegas and also won Class at Indy this year . Will anyone be here to challenge Frank or will he win again is a good question ? Rumor has it Phil Mandella is working double over time on Sunfire to keep the money in the West [IMG][/IMG]

let me know I will be doing the extra purse for this class again if I have some time . 100 % of the prizes or money will be divided among the Winner ,The runner up ,and number one qualifier per NHRA’s Structure ,.

By the way Frank last year paid for all the racers in GT/AA and crew a huge Steak dinner after the class race which cost a lot for around 30 or so racers especially with drinks lol . The Purse and prizes were really neat that a lot business put up and were really appreciated by the racers big time . So please if a person puts up some Money thank them , if a business puts up some money or prizes do business with them that way everyone wins > It would be cool if a person or business could come up with some tow money for those who live far , far away Let The Fun begin at The 2009 GT/AA Class Shoot Out at Vegas> questions e-mail me donkennedy1@cox.net

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 10-01-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Don Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: The 2009 GT/AA Calss Shoot Out at Vegas

"By the way Frank last year paid for all the racers in GT/AA and crew a huge Steak dinner after the class race which cost a lot for around 30 or so racers especially with drinks lol ."

A real class act.

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
Julie Jordan

Liked 326 Times in 65 Posts

Don ~ I don't know where Frank took everyone to dinner last year. I'm assuming it was a restaurant? For Mopars at the Strip we had a dinner catered in our pits. They did a pulled pork, lots of sides. It was really good. Mandella might know who the caterer was. Have fun, this is a cool thing you guys in the class are doing!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Great Efforts at supporting Class racing. Does anyone else have the same Combo to run against Mr. Grossi? Thats when it will become interesting. Good Luck.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Default Re: The 2009 GT/AA Class Shoot Out at Vegas

Dick :

By the way Frank had to put in135 lbs of weight last year last due to the factoring , so he showed up in Indy 135 heavier than in Vegas , Come on out GT/AA racers the Fun is in Las Vegas when you can let the car hang out at a altitude track without getting factored , remember what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas . The weather will be great and the Women have the biggest eyes ever LOL Can the East Coast racers come and and take the heavy hitter Frank Grossi down is the question ? or will the Faster GT/AA car stil rein as the best on the East Coast and the West Coast , hey to me any part of the US east of Texas is east to me LOL at me ? I do know Phil Mandella is working hard as usual on a Sunfire

It would be cool if we could get a major Sponsor for the Vegas race ? anyone know of a person or company do do this ? By the way Frank paid for the steak dinner for the racers at Weaverlys . Big time pricey a class act for sure from Frank

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 10-06-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Don, are there any other 241 HP BB cars? Maybe Someone will put one in this winter. Arent the other motors in GT/AA all dead now...till its factored more...

Last edited by Dick Butler; 09-28-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Don, are there any other 241 HP BB cars? Maybe Someone will put one in this winter. Arent the other motors in GT/AA all dead now...till its factored more...

Dick-

Everyone, including you, had the opportunity to install this combo in a very slippery front wheel drive conversion. We like to call it a "better mousetrap."

Hats off to Frank Grossi, Phil Mandella, Gary Hetler, and anyone else having something to do with that Badboy. All the hardwork has paid off for everyone involved.

Sean
Sean Cour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Come on out GT/AA racers the Fun is in Las Vegas when you can let the car hang out at a altitude track without getting factored
I thought it was there he got the hp...(smile)
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Sean,,, You are totally correct. Everyone can work the books as well as the wrenchs with STK and SS.
That is an important part of the " game" in these classes. Especially knowing the AHFS and the diligence of NHRA factoring. I spent many a year trying to work around 400 Pontiacs with a chevy 283, 400 Chevies with a 305 and after finding GT/AA and a few years more knowledge it was more fun to win with equal equipment. Thats why many enjoy SS/AH because no fear of "book work" class winners only hard work and equal parts.... (and unfortunately big $)
Sorry but no one has answered my question yet, Does anyone else have one yet?
In no way does this mean it is not a great accomplishment.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Default Re: The 2009 GT/AA Class Shoot Out at Vegas

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 10-01-2009 at 10:41 PM.