Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 10,052 Times in 2,086 Posts
Thumbs up Specal Thanks to NHRA

We arrived at Indy at 3:00 AM Thursday.
First, a big tip of the hat to the parking crew. They pulled the sportsman entrys out of the stacking area on time 7:00 AM, sent us to gate eight then we were immediately parked.
Tech opened @ 7:30 AM. All of us late arrivals were met by the Tech on time and tech was prompt and thorough. All of us were thankful that we all got the first run at 8:00 AM.
A specal Thanks to Bruce, Byron and the scale crew for taking time to push my car on and off the scales, zeroing the scales, and rolling the car back on. The only thing they did not do to make my car weigh correctly was to put 10 lbs. of lead in it.
Sometimes we forget that all involved really do love the sport.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 379 Times in 101 Posts
Exclamation Re: Specal Thanks to NHRA

how right you are larry,

from a stockers point of view, i thought this year the tech team did an outstanding job. it started with the on time tech opening including what seemed like a more thorough intial tech (at least one car was bounced here). we also had a suprise carb & intake inspection after 1st round of class of about 15 cars including 5 solos (i believe bogans trouble was then). 13 cars were selected for teardown. bruce bachelder was in charge and his call was not overruled. travis did carbs & intakes + cams. wayne did bore, stroke & ring locations. ryck from d 1 did all heads. our new electronics man inspected every car. several time the guys had one and other recheck items. i believe they did as fair a job as ever in the barn. Evan smith was the victim of a SLIGHTLY too large valve... not cheating large, just oops, it didnt get measured large... and he went down like a regular guy not a national dragster employee. after 1st round they pulled all winners for an interior trunk inspection for ballast etc (and one more Sammy the cajun went down here)

mind you all this was all done in 95 degrees with blistering sun...

thank you NHRA indy tech team... without you holding our feet to the fire no one would even care about being legal !

captain jack

Last edited by Jack McCarthy; 09-01-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: cant spell cat
Jack McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Bill Koski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Specal Thanks to NHRA

I third that sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn’t agree more with all of you. I spent a lot of time around the barn first with my car Friday and having the pleasure of giving Tibor and Garry a hand on Saturday with Cameron’s car. The tech men were very thorough and professional. It bugs me to see so many people come on here and thrash them when they are doing the best job possible with the resources they are given. As you mentioned they are out there sunrise to sunset in the heat and not to mention most of them are in their 50’s or 60’s The ONLY fault I see with the situation is they are short staffed and that’s not the tech guys fault.
Special thanks to them all; when they realized it was my 4th tear down in 4 months they let me off easy and I did not have to pull a head. I was all done by about 10 AM.
So to Bruce, Travis and the rest of the crew Kudos for doing the best job possible with the resources you are given.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Smitty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy View Post
how right you are larry,

from a stockers point of view, i thought this year the tech team did an outstanding job. it started with the on time tech opening including what seemed like a more thorough intial tech (at least one car was bounced here). we also had a suprise carb & intake inspection after 1st round of class of about 15 cars including 5 solos (i believe bogans trouble was then). 13 cars were selected for teardown. bruce bachelder was in charge and his call was not overruled. travis did carbs & intakes + cams. wayne did bore, stroke & ring locations. ryck from d 1 did all heads. our new electronics man inspected every car. several time the guys had one and other recheck items. i believe they did as fair a job as ever in the barn. Evan smith was the victim of a SLIGHTLY too large valve... not cheating large, just oops, it didnt get measured large... and he went down like a regular guy not a national dragster employee. after 1st round they pulled all winners for an interior trunk inspection for ballast etc (and one more Sammy the cajun went down here)

mind you all this was all done in 95 degrees with blistering sun...

thank you NHRA indy tech team... without you holding our feet to the fire no one would even care about being legal !

captain jack
What was the ballast issue? Not secured or not in the right place?
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 379 Times in 101 Posts

they were checking for loose ballast, too much etc... plus anything else a looksie could reveal

i believe sammy said he had a bag of loose shot... but who can understand him

jack mccarthy