Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #11
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Ends Stock & Super Stock Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz View Post
Chris, I can't find the source of that quote, so I'll quote your quote of it.

There are certainly already more than 20 independent big money ("$10,000 to win" level) ET events scheduled through the year. Enough to consider creating an umbrella series of "national events" to bring them together for a championship.

As to whether Bracket Racers will travel to them, I'll bring up what happened at the Fall Fling in Bristol. For Friday's "$50,000 to win" race I counted 249 individual drivers entered (disregarding multiple entries or buy-backs). The drivers represented 29 different states and provinces, with 50 from NC and more than 20 each from PA, TN & VA). There are probably just a handful of LODRS races, and only one NHRA national event (Indy), that had as many overall combined SS & Stk entries.
Bracket racers will travel for a shot at $50,000 but I really don't think they will travel far for the $1200-$1500 a IHRA race is most likely to pay.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote