HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
Ken Haase

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: PG gear ratio?

L79, the adjustment calls for tightening the screw to 72 inch pounds and then backing out 4 turns. I think it was 63 corvette (Rick ?)that suggests just snugging it down and backing out 3.5 turns and that sounds perfect to me. You'll probably find that it doesn't change much after initial break in. I only mentioned keeping an eye on it, because I got lazy (well, in all honesty, I was lazy all along) and it bit me right in the stage light. Set the trans brake and rolled backwards, redlighting. Wasn't much Kevlar left on the band. Also, I don't think the Kevlar is a must; the stock lining works pretty well in some applications.

What I meant by 'bracket stuff' was to differentiate from class cars that may be relatively heavy and running smaller engines with less stroke. Those are the cars that need the deeper gear in the P/G. I'm using an ATI straight cut 1.87 behind a 406" @ 3250 lbs. Kinda wish I'd gone with the 1.80
Ken Haase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #22
L79racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: PG gear ratio?

Ken, thanks for the info. I'll keep up on the band. Go the new tranny in last night. I cant wait to try it out but were getting a blizzard here on Long Island this weekend. I'll have to wait until warmer weather. This Vette with a 4 link should 60' at least mid high 1.30's
L79racer is offline   Reply With Quote