Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #11
Altronics
Sponsor

Liked 58 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Weather Stations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
Hey Fred maybe you should follow up on the particular transaction before making a comment.

There were no parts required the weather station was sent in to be checked out and calibrated/updated. There was a problem with the humidity sensor which some cleaning took care of.
Your tech did not install any parts as a matter of fact he was very nice as well as apologetic for the additional "$100 old still working unit extra charge" and assured me there would be no additional fee. Your company policy is to charge extra to service your products if they last too long............

I was charged an additional fee because it is old.Plain and Simple.
I want to continue using this item I paid good money for, sent back to you for calibration and updates regularly.
I "was" your customer.

You have certainly assured that there is no reason to be a fan of your company your products may be good but your customer's satisfaction is placed well behind your ego.

The older systems, because they use different sensor tech require a different calibration procedure that must be done manually. THis takes much more time to do, hence the additional service fee, which by the way, is clearly posted on the required "service form" that must be sent in with your system. The service form clearly states that systems manufactured before a certain date will be charged base service rate. We also verify this with the customer upon receipt of their shipment, so no work is done unless it is authorized.

Also, your system is 13 years old. I have records of it being sent in twice. Once in 2011 and in 2005....not every two years.

I am not sure what I have said here that justifies a comment on me personally "my ego"? I have dealt with electronics for over 25 years, both what I manufacture and product I use to manufacture and I can honestly say that most electronics of the age we are dealing with here are generally NOT serviceable at all or the fees are significantly higher then what we charge.

I am again sorry you are dissatisfied that we charged you too much for your 13 year old system that is STILL working today.

Last edited by Altronics; 06-10-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Altronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Looking back at records:
Purchased in 2003
Have charges in 2004 & 2005 & 2011
Just paid $250 a few months ago.

So was I a customer? It was sent back when readings began to not look right or there was a real problem.
You've had it back 4 times where does that stand with you averages?
If it was sent back to you every year what would be different?

I'm not dissatisfied with the weather station it has served me well.

Every time it went back I was charged a fair price except for the last time.
I am dissatisfied with your company policy and how you are handling this.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #13
Altronics
Sponsor

Liked 58 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
Looking back at records:
Purchased in 2003
Have charges in 2004 & 2005 & 2011
Just paid $250 a few months ago.

So was I a customer? It was sent back when readings began to not look right or there was a real problem.
You've had it back 4 times where does that stand with you averages?
If it was sent back to you every year what would be different?

I'm not dissatisfied with the weather station it has served me well.

Every time it went back I was charged a fair price except for the last time.
I am dissatisfied with your company policy and how you are handling this.

Frank,

You are free to be dissatisfied with our company policy and I am sorry you can not understand why we charge more to fix your older system.

As a business owner it is upsetting that we produced a product that has lasted for 13 years, is still working, and tried to give good support to that product for 13 years. And now we are receiving negative feedback and losing a customer.

I guess it would be better for us to tell you we no longer service your model and you are S.O.L., then again you might complain about being S.O.L.....?

But I do NOT understand why you made a negative comment about me personally?
Old 06-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #14
RJ Sledge

Liked 264 Times in 84 Posts

"The customer may not always be right....
But they are always the CUSTOMER"

Kinda has a ring to it.......

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #15
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

It's real simple:
Sometimes you feel like you received a fair value for your dollar and your business was appreciated then sometimes you don't but continue to work with the company because you invested in them and there are no options.

"I guess it would be better for us to tell you we no longer service your model and you are S.O.L., then again you might complain about being S.O.L.....?"
Just a little condescending.
From your company perspective the only option is to charge double or not service the product at all.
Your strategy to keep a long time customer and convince them trading up is a good option is telling them what they own is no longer any good because it's been in service too long. Why not service the unit and leave the customer with a smile so when the cost to repair is not justified they naturally trade up to your new product because of the good experience and service.

I don't believe "the customer is always right" but the customer should always be serviced in a way that they feel they received value and their business is appreciated.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts

I don't have a lot of experience yet with my Altronics Performaire (and none with any other), but it's definitely helped tip me off to some changes in the air I might have missed otherwise and has worked perfectly for the 3 years I've had it. So far I've been happy with it.

And my question I submitted via their website a little while ago was answered within about five minutes.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #17
Dave Ficacci

Liked 84 Times in 19 Posts

I'm at Bristol and walked the pits and I noticed every single Pro Stock rig has a Computech Race Air Pro.
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #18
Danny Ashley

Liked 91 Times in 23 Posts

I bought a used Computech RaceAir Pro a couple of years ago. Wasn't sure how old it was so I decided to have it up-dated. Called them and they were very friendly and said it would be I think $80. Sent it in and they called to say it was done. The guy told me it was the same now as if it were new. When I received it, they had even included a new carrying case. What a deal! Couldn't be happier. Great customer service!
Danny Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #19
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,489 Times in 1,705 Posts

I bought a basic Computech "little box" unit about 15 years ago from Johnny De RC.
I had it out about a month ago, and compared it to my friend's high zoot, in and out , pager equipped deal, and my numbers were almost exactly the same as his.
It has never been back for service.
Can't complain about that deal.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #20
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,558 Times in 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ficacci View Post
I'm at Bristol and walked the pits and I noticed every single Pro Stock rig has a Computech Race Air Pro.
Every single fuel car has 2 altalabs for some reason. Weather station and crew chief pro are valuable tools but it all comes down to how much homework you do on your car. Logbooks and learning the trends of your combo are very important.