HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

Well , it sure is ugly getting here early in the morning but the place is just as I like it -- empty .Trying many new and different machines - some for muscle tone and some just because .

These folks are serious about not taking pictures - they are protecting their customers as well as the brand names on the equipment etc .I'll sneak a few here and there to keep it interesting .

Jumped on the scale this morning - no big losses but a pound here and a pound there all add up and you must start somewhere .The pic below is an honest number ......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO --   GYM 026.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	15974   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO --   GYM 028.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	15975   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO --   GYM 029.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	15976  

Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
garbarineracing

Default Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

Hey Jack keep up the good work. I've been the gym on a regular basis for the last three years. Not only did i loose 30+ pounds it made it alot easier to race and maintain two cars! On the flip side it didn! help my driving much! LOL
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Aubrey N Bruneau

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Aubrey N Bruneau

DAMN, that's EXCELLENT, Stewart !
I too, am a weight trainer, mind you, even at 53, perhaps a little heavier than I should do. Hadn't done it steady since 1988, which was OK though, because I was pretty active. Some stressfull circumstances caught up with me, and by mid 2009, I had gotten a little "plump" ( 5'9" @ 208 ) for the first time in my life.
I got my $&%# together, and put myself on a pretty strict diet / excercise program. I was never into pop and chips anyhow, so that was no matter... but I DO cook, and like to eat !
With this diet, I removed practically all fats ( used to remove the yoke from the eggs ), short of olive oil for cooking. Moderate complex carbs, sugars less than that, VERY high protein, of course full assortment of fruits and vegetables.
This, combined with VERY fast pace walking 3-8 miles every day, and a full weight training routine, I lost 2 pounds a week, for 14 consecutive weeks. Adter 3 months, ultimately getting down to a painfully skinny 172 !
Since then, I still watch my diet, keeping it balanced, and still high protein... though during this process, I have triggered my metabolism into a monster that makes me eat like a 16 year old high school football player ! an average of 4000 calories a day..... a little costly.
With all that, my weight is stable at pretty lean 180, and even with a permanantly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, some of the weights I'm doing, makes my 28 year old buddy who works out with me, turn away and cringe.
And YES, maybe it's the endorphans... I dunno ?... but I sure don't feel like I'm 53 !
Then again... as mentioned... it sure hasn't helped my driving any.

Anyhow, I found that just a little control of what you eat, combined with regular "cardio" excercise, can be very effective. I would not recommend weight training alone though.

Last edited by Aubrey N Bruneau; 02-20-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Aubrey N Bruneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

I have excercised to control my weight for well over 30 years. Jogging for many years untill the last 5 or so when the old bones just say no.....So now I walk..fast and I keep moving as much as I can.....If anyone knows me they see me on my bicycle at any NHRA race I go to. I often hit the bike early in the morning and always try to go down the racetrack at least once and lap the entire place at least once or twice in the AM.....

Best thing you can do is aerobic excercise and some light weights for high reps......

It is not easy to compete with the young guys when you are eligible for SS and on Medicare.....and I am.....LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
Dave Gantz

Liked 229 Times in 121 Posts

Bicycle bracket races during down time. No electronics, other than pacemakers.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
BRIAN SEATE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I walked 2 miles today, gonna nix the sodas and junk as well. I know I will feel better, maybe even be a little more alert on the tree! I put on 45 pounds over the last 7-8 years, its gotta go!
BRIAN SEATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Smile Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post

It is not easy to compete with the young guys when you are eligible for SS and on Medicare.....and I am.....LOL
So true , so very true ....and it doesn't get easier ! ! !
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Smile Re: Help for your 2013 season .....maybe ! ! !

Like many of our members yesterday I spent around the house - in the morning it was working on the "honey do " list - Spring and racing are just around the corner and nothing will get in my way .After that is was hours of NASCAR on TV - rooting on Danica and Junior while eating everything from pretzels to grilled keilbasa .Then after a couple of hours ( during which dinner was made ) it was back to the box and NHRA - this time it was to watch the Sarge get his # Seventy .Where am I going with all this you ask ? After all the crap I ate yesterday getting to the gym this morning was welcomed - and certainly needed .And oh BTW , I feel much better that I'm back on the wagon ...............
Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
cambria

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Weight loss.Let's see.As a criminal defense lawyer trying a major criminal case will take 10 lbs off me in 2 weeks.No sleep prosecutor trying to make a fool out of me while I am doing the same to them oh yea great weight loss routine. Otherwise chasing after 6 daughters and hellfire wife seems to keep the pounds in check.However I would rather lose weight for vanity purposes you know win more so I could pose for the pictures.That last one would be the best.Lets see what this year brings for the first time in 5 years my wife Paula and I are actually going to try to race a full program season.
Now my buddy Raiser on the other hand nothing short of gastric by-pass for him!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Way to go Jack.
Keep it up !

Diet and exercise. I'm a big believer now.
My cholesterol in Jan 2012 was 217.
I was advised to read the food labels, especially for saturated fat.

4 months of a low fat, high fiber diet got that number down to 157 in May 2012.
Also lost 10 pounds, had more energy, and more enthusiasm.

I try to ride my bike 2 miles around the neighbor hood every day...even when it is cold.

I am getting rid of the 800 lb.golf cart I used to use at the track.
I use a 40 pound mountain bike now.

As posted before:
Soda and greasy chips are the biggest junk products one can put in their mouth. Junk in...junk out.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote