HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: What about the sportsman racer IHRA?

I agree
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 282 Times in 152 Posts

Do they in fact have a helicopter & crew/medical staff sitting on the grounds at the track??? If so, are they working for free or are they being paid for the time @ the track???---If they do not have a copter/crew/staff at the track but on call @ a remote location should an emergency arise AND they could be used for emergencies other than at the track,anyway, then they are overcharging. If the copter is dedicated solely to the racers and no other emergency then we should pay the "insurance charge" if not maybe a small charge $5-15 ---- Comp 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Ill pay the 40.00 and have no problem with it as long as the staff is there since it was explained to me that way. Hell you could fall out of your trailer and hit your head. Its happened before.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 694 Times in 270 Posts

Question? What is your life or your lifestyle worth?
Situation: 9-5-99 IHRA PTS. Meet Cordova Il. I had a steering failure on my C/SR at 140 MPH
Died in the wreck. EMS crew Revived me. Called in air life from East Moline Il. for transport to Illini Hospital & then to The University of Iowa. I had a broken back and air transport probably saved my spinal cord. (smoother than ground ride) From the track to Illini Hospital it was $800 (15 mi). Died another 2 times and had 6 major & many other minor surgeries that put me back together. I spent(insurance didn't cover it) about $4400 on the Air Transport. (not to mention the crew revived me a second time while in flight) The last total I remember hearing from Bill Bader was Wisenburg Insurance paid a little over $238,000 on my hospital & rehab expenses. I was out of pocket a little over $20,000 on top of what they paid out. I also had an uninsured Dead(totaled) race car. As a foot note to my personal insurance, I had a better personal policy because I have a pilots license that was also supposed to cover me racing.... NOT! DON"T EVER believe the insurance agent that writes your policy.. READ the fine print or have an attorney that works with insurance read it. That was all in 1999. Just think what it would cost today. Gosh, in all my 30 years of racing I had never touched the guard rail. A major accident just couldn't happen to me. Go ahead, gripe about it, but remember it could save your life or one of your friends. Oh, if you do survive the scrapes, bruises & breaks, it could also save your bank account from breaking.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 12-14-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #15
Mike McCandless

Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

Wow, that is an amazing story. Unreal!
Mike McCandless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #16
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Not only that, but he still has the pile of twisted metal that used to be a roadster sitting behind the garage - I've seen it! Unbelievable... it's a pretty visceral reminder of what can happen.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #17
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What about the sportsman racer IHRA?

I always wondered how you didn't die in that wreck Adger. Guess that explains it. I'm really glad you were strong enough to be resusitated(especially that many times! yikes!) And I'm glad you're still here buddy! Happy Holidays, hope things are better down there than they are here in glorious Michigan.
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
cambria

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't for a minute think the sportsman racer is dispensible.It may be that the pros fill the seats but the shear number of sportsman racers not only bring in entry fees they bring in much need concession money and allow the sanctioning bodies to tell sponsors how much product thesportsman racers buy.Sportsmen racers are a must for any national business plan to succeed.Taking us out of a national will cost any sanctioning body a ton.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
mbrace5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont recall a Helicopter being at Rockingham in the spring or fall. I could be wrong though.
#290 C/SA 98 Camaro, SS/J-KA
mbrace5 is offline   Reply With Quote