HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Remembering Those We Lost
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2023, 10:32 PM   #1
Dean Cook II

Liked 32 Times in 1 Post
Default Passing of Dean Cook Sr.

I’m saddened to say that my father passed away a few days ago(8/6/2023). He made his last pass down the track in Epping on June 3rd, and I’m sure he’s proud to say it was a win. He lived a great life, and he was the best dad and friend I could’ve asked for. To say he’ll be missed is an understatement.

I’ll see you in the winners circle dad.❤️

https://www.providencejournal.com/ob...es/ppvp0544098
Old 08-08-2023, 11:30 PM   #2
B Parker

Liked 2,321 Times in 456 Posts
Default Re: Passing of Dean Cook Sr.

To Dean II and to your entire family we are all so saddened by this news.
My brother Gary and I started racing back in 1975 and that is where we first meet your Dad. Right from the start we really thought he was a great guy. Racing Stock back then was a lot different than it is today. No Motor Homes to hide in or enclosed car trailers to hide your cars behind. We all really interacted more with each other. You could look several cars over. If you neighbors needed help several were there to offer a hand. I know your Dad stopped over many times through the years to lend us a hand. My brother and I still laugh today about our first Indy driving the Magic Bus with Gary's car on it and my car on the trailer behind the old 1955 bus. When we arrived at Indy your Dad was there to greet us letting us know we had the biggest balls towing all the way out to Indy with the bus and he was happy to see we made it. Your Dad has always been one of the best. For us it's been 48 years of friendship. He has left his mark and touched so many of our hearts. He is in our thoughts and prayers today and will remain there. RIP Dean until we meet again, I will miss you. Barry Parker

Last edited by B Parker; 08-10-2023 at 07:32 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 08:37 AM   #3
Henrys Toy

Liked 483 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
To Dean the 3rd and to your entire family we are all so saddened by this news.
My brother Gary and I started racing back in 1975 and that is where we first meet your Dad. Right from the start we really thought he was a great guy. Racing Stock back then was a lot different than it is today. No Motor Homes to hide in or enclosed car trailers to hide your cars behind. We all really interacted more with each other. You could look several cars over. If you neighbors needed help several were there to offer a hand. I know your Dad stopped over many times through the years to lend us a hand. My brother and I still laugh today about our first Indy driving the Magic Bus with Gary's car on it and my car on the trailer behind the old 1955 bus. When we arrived at Indy your Dad was there to greet us letting us know we had the biggest balls towing all the way out to Indy with the bus and he was happy to see we made it. Your Dad has always been one of the best. For us it's been 48 years of friendship. He has left his mark and touched so many of our hearts. He is in our thoughts and prayers today and will remain there. RIP Dean until we meet again, I will miss you. Barry Parker
Good morning to all,
This news is becoming all to familiar, we've lost another of our Stock Family. Your Dad was always open and friendly and I was always glad to see him at any of the events to we all participated at. Always had a kind word and "how are you doing" and he was genuine when he asked. Dean Sr. till we meet again , Thanks for the Memories. Bless you and your Family at this time. God Speed.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:38 PM   #4
RKelliher

Liked 155 Times in 52 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your Dad. Very nice man I remember fun at his christmas party. He will be missed.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-10-2023, 09:36 AM   #5
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 702 Times in 185 Posts

My sincere condolences Dean and to your family.

Godspeed Dean Sr.
Old 08-12-2023, 12:53 PM   #6
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 614 Times in 131 Posts

It was a well deserved tribute to Dean last night(Friday) at the visitation hours. Got there an hour early and in a few minutes there were 30 people in the funeral home lot waiting . A huge contingent of our racing family was there and many others that knew Dean. At 6:45 the line went around the inside of the funeral home , then outside and 300 feet down the sidewalk. I expect they were there well past 8 o'clock. A great man than I am proud to call a friend, tough loss for all.

I pray that the family finds strength to get through the funeral today which is private understandably .
Old 08-15-2023, 11:23 AM   #7
John Presing

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

our sincere condolence to Dean & family
John Presing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 07:29 AM   #8
George Fitzpatrick

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

RIP he will be missed.