HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #31
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts
Default Re: Coyote blueprint specs changed

So why are the guides showing 2013 head 1.25 EX valve and the 2014 showing 1.22 EX valve?? This is gonna be fun!! LOL

Bret Velde
2003 FS/?
Liked
Old 06-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #32
jamie2370

Liked 238 Times in 89 Posts

Bret, it's because the guide is now correct. I am not going to comment anymore on this because everybody knows the story by now. They removed the head(CNC version) that Carson is/was running when he went 1.20 under from the 14 model. So I don't care to argue with him anymore or at all really. People just get really hurt when caught in a lie. I really like how he thinks I am calling the tech guys liars?? Where did I say that. If you handed the tech inspectors a spec sheet and it says the motor should have brodix heads on it, they do their job and check for brodix heads. They didn't write the standards, they just follow them.
Liked
Old 06-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #33
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie2370 View Post
Bret, it's because the guide is now correct. I am not going to comment anymore on this because everybody knows the story by now. They removed the head(CNC version) that Carson is/was running when he went 1.20 under from the 14 model. So I don't care to argue with him anymore or at all really. People just get really hurt when caught in a lie. I really like how he thinks I am calling the tech guys liars?? Where did I say that. If you handed the tech inspectors a spec sheet and it says the motor should have brodix heads on it, they do their job and check for brodix heads. They didn't write the standards, they just follow them.
Thanks for the info. I'm jumping into the fire, hope I don't get burned!! LOL

Bret Velde
2003 FS/?
Liked
Old 06-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #34
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Here is the dirt on the piston & heads. First photo is my piston, which I have found out is in fact the original Mahle piston. This will fit all 11-14 cylinder heads and is the correct piston for all of these combos. So thankfully I don't have to buy new ones.

2nd photo is a piston with magically the same number on it, but quite a difference! It won't fit into the chamber of the BR3E heads used on the 2012 302/325, the 2014 302/350, or the 2011-2014 302/380. However it does fit into the chamber of the Boss 302 head used on the 2013 302/350 and also the 2015-up Gen 2 Coyote heads, as well as the GT350 Voodoo head.

So how was this piston ever legally used when it doesn't fit the correct head?

It goes deeper than this though, Jim absolutely knew what the original and legal piston was, he even posted a photo of it here in 2013: http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...64&postcount=2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	legal cj piston.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	50521   Click image for larger version

Name:	revised bogus mahle piston.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	50523  
Old 06-28-2019, 05:31 PM   #35
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie2370 View Post
No specs have been changed on the 14 combination, NHRA just clarified the difference between the 13 heads and 14 heads. We do have both engine combinations for Carson's car. The Michigan Mafia and it's engine builder paid to have us torn down at D3 Indy last year. We set the record in D1 last year at the Dutch and were torn down there too. We went 1.20 under, they pulled us in the barn tech'd the throttle body, intake manifold, and checked the cylinder head runners and casting numbers. So my suggestion is talk to your engine builder, get him to make more power and stop whining and lying. We official named the car "Legal Cheater" that name has been dead since 1973. What ever engine combination the Mafia decides to run, 13 or 14 we will put the same in Don's car and will follow them around. We can make both 13 or 14 combination as a natural D car. Or you can let us go on our way to make just the 14 a Natural D car. Keep it up calling us cheaters and I will do it with both combinations, because WE CAN! Or keep paying to have us torn down again at Indy, and I will bet you $10,000 right now that you are wrong.

Jim
Old 06-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #36
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,900 Times in 644 Posts

I've met some really great people drag racing and I consider Jeff Hairrington to be one of those right at the top of the list. He's a great friend and extremely talented racer so for someone to come up here spouting off at the mouth about someone of his integrity tells me all I need to know about them. Lot of really good racers and people all across this country.
Then you got a very select group of pricks that can't drive a lick but got big wallets and egos that spend an incredible amount of money to be #1 qualifier so they can walk around with their chest poked out patting themselves on the back and swinging their little peckers around but can't win a round in competition.
Gotta love diversity in our sport......
Old 06-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #37
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

HR9121

I have to agree with you Jeff is quite the accomplished racer I respect his talent we spent a lot of time talking in Gainesville this year he informed me the reason why he went number one qualifier and hit the index that still was against what he had said he was going to do...

Ever since the first two cars ran down the track in NHRA the one who lost said the other guy was cheating or if his car was slower that's still the case today....

Don Carson went to two races last year ran slow to drop the average he did that for Jeff Harrington because Jeff asked......

As for the Pistons they will fit just fine you either don't cut yourself on your head for the minimum CC or use a 0.15 thicker head gasket or don't push the piston out of the hole.

It is a different person than the original factory Pistons I know this because Don car is a factory car but when I ordered Pistons this is what came any backyard engine assembler can figure this out really easy its engine 101 make sure the piston does not hit the cylinder head.

Because you have a minimum on all engine specs does not mean you have to put it there.?

Jim
Old 06-28-2019, 10:57 PM   #38
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore View Post
As for the Pistons they will fit just fine you either don't cut yourself on your head for the minimum CC or use a 0.15 thicker head gasket or don't push the piston out of the hole.

It is a different person than the original factory Pistons I know this because Don car is a factory car but when I ordered Pistons this is what came any backyard engine assembler can figure this out really easy its engine 101 make sure the piston does not hit the cylinder head.

Because you have a minimum on all engine specs does not mean you have to put it there.?
Or you can use the correct head at minimum CC with the correct valve diameter, the correct gasket, the correct piston at 0 deck, and guess what? The dome does not strike the chamber and the valves do not strike the valve reliefs! Imagine that!
Old 06-28-2019, 11:03 PM   #39
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

HR9121

I am actually in North Carolina right now come on by tomorrow at the engine shop and you can see the motor going together first hand

My cell. 732 620 4932
Call or text
Old 06-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #40
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

K danner

I invite you to do the same.
My engine shops always open to you.