HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #11
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,928 Times in 646 Posts
Default Re: "factory stock"

I can't tell you how amazed I was to these people lining the fence on Friday morning Q1 to watch these cars. Then when eliminations began it was unbelievable to see the crowds watching them, it really gave me some hope that there are still alot of drag racing fans left, not just Top Fool fans but real drag racing fans!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #12
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65signet View Post
I am looking forward to seeing the class grow, maybe someday they will come to the west coast.
Steve - It was at Vegas a few years ago and they dropped it. If you're serious about getting it back I would contact Brian at SAM as the class sponsor or some hitters at NHRA.

Pat Cvengros (NHRA tech) and I fought pretty hard to keep it but we were shot down by other players in those discussions. They felt there weren't enough cars out west.

To get car count up my thought was to make it a Vegas "Double Down" event. Run the season final on Saturday to crown a winner, and the next season qualifier or first elimination on Sunday. Or something along those lines to incentivize participation.

The other benefit of having these cars in Vegas is that manufacturers could use them in their SEMA booths and potentially the class sponsor could do an event there kind of like what Pro Mod does. A series finale in St. Louis just doesn't have the same cache.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
troublemaker427

Liked 65 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
As long as they stick to the 9" tire format, they'll stay competitive and popular.
I agree. The small tire is the key. It must stay exciting and unpredictable. NHRA needs to keep a close watch on the engine combination to keep all three makes competitive.

I can't wait to attend Indy. 35+ cars attempting to qualify will be like the good old days of pro stock.
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #14
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
Steve - It was at Vegas a few years ago and they dropped it. If you're serious about getting it back I would contact Brian at SAM as the class sponsor or some hitters at NHRA.

Pat Cvengros (NHRA tech) and I fought pretty hard to keep it but we were shot down by other players in those discussions. They felt there weren't enough cars out west.

To get car count up my thought was to make it a Vegas "Double Down" event. Run the season final on Saturday to crown a winner, and the next season qualifier or first elimination on Sunday. Or something along those lines to incentivize participation.

The other benefit of having these cars in Vegas is that manufacturers could use them in their SEMA booths and potentially the class sponsor could do an event there kind of like what Pro Mod does. A series finale in St. Louis just doesn't have the same cache.

One race on the west side is a pretty hard case to sell a guy on building a competitive car...

If there were three plus races on the left coast I bet they would have had many more people get involved. My guess is we will never know.

They for sure have a great thing going IMO. I wish they showed them on FS1 and dumped Pro stock motorcycle.
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #15
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 702 Times in 185 Posts

I Love watching Factory Stock.

I couldn't understand why Leah Pritchett's front end sits So High going down the track,
you would think that's definitely NOT aero dynamic.

I noticed the Mustang's sit level going ALL the way down the track.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
JHeath

Liked 370 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
I Love watching Factory Stock.

I couldn't understand why Leah Pritchett's front end sits So High going down the track,
you would think that's definitely NOT aero dynamic.

I noticed the Mustang's sit level going ALL the way down the track.
Barton's COPO also sits high .
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:38 PM   #17
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Raceway View Post
One race on the west side is a pretty hard case to sell a guy on building a competitive car...

If there were three plus races on the left coast I bet they would have had many more people get involved. My guess is we will never know.

They for sure have a great thing going IMO. I wish they showed them on FS1 and dumped Pro stock motorcycle.
That is a problem no west coast FS/XX I bought a new Copo and a motorhome and trailer hoping to run that class out of the west coast this season. There is nothing even remotely close, So I am running FS/AA it is an 8.50 car my plan was to redo it to be competitive in FS/XX for next season but if there is no place to race in the factory stock showdown why bother spending another 50 grand to still be in the same class dialing my handicap. If that class will grow it needs to be at every event, if not there will just be 5 or 6 top cars running out of a major shop or factory backing and the few others will gradually disappear or it will become another pro/stock with factory backed teams.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #18
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
That is a problem no west coast FS/XX I bought a new Copo and a motorhome and trailer hoping to run that class out of the west coast this season. There is nothing even remotely close, So I am running FS/AA it is an 8.50 car my plan was to redo it to be competitive in FS/XX for next season but if there is no place to race in the factory stock showdown why bother spending another 50 grand to still be in the same class dialing my handicap. If that class will grow it needs to be at every event, if not there will just be 5 or 6 top cars running out of a major shop or factory backing and the few others will gradually disappear or it will become another pro/stock with factory backed teams.
My point exactly! I bet there are more then a few fellows like you ready to step up.

Sure world be cool to have an East coat West cost league (whatever you want to call it) then bring the top players together at the end for a real showdown...
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:49 AM   #19
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 406 Times in 184 Posts

I'd like it to become the next Pro Stock but probably won't happen.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #20
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
I'd like it to become the next Pro Stock but probably won't happen.
Why would that be good all prostock has become is a bunch of factory backed professional teams. A regular racer can't compete with the millions needed and the corporate and factory backing. Right now you can buy a FS/XX car and be able to compete with a reasonable investment. Why turn it into another prostock when we have one now. It would be better to keep it in stock eliminator and not go into the pro classes.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote