HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #41
Ghost Missle
Member
 
Ghost Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 129
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

__________________
.............................The older I get....The faster I was
Ghost Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #42
Frito
Member
 
Frito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ashland, Kentucky
Posts: 376
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Thanks Steve.
You are usually right on the money but the Steve Kent SS/AH Cuda is not an X Eddie Smith car. Built at East Texas Race Cars. The only Eddie Smith car Kent had/has is one of the two 63 Corvettes that ran as E/A with small block Chevys.
__________________
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #43
sscuda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 17
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

The Miller & McCallum (Don McCallum) '68 Hemi Cuda SS/AA car has been parked for a while now. Don s getting up there so that could be the reason. I don't think it's been sold either.
sscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #44
hemitime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 99
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscuda View Post
The Miller & McCallum (Don McCallum) '68 Hemi Cuda SS/AA car has been parked for a while now. Don s getting up there so that could be the reason. I don't think it's been sold either.
Don MacCallum hasnít owned that car for quite awhile ,his last car was bought by Don Cloake . MacCallum drove the car for Cloake after Cloake purchased it and had Cloake ,Miller, and MacCallum on the door , Cloake took over the driving duties years ago and still races it as of last year . MacCallums first in the 8s (Don ran it first Bucky backed it up)Cuda he had before that car went to Eddie Smith , last I heard Bill Brooks from Florida had it but havenít heard of it for years , anyone know what Bills doing with the Car?
hemitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #45
modelman1960
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central N.Y.
Posts: 190
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

My last conversation with Alberta Brooks(around Christmas time) was the engine was being freshened, but had no fire in it yet. No plans for racing dates were mentioned at that time. I've attached a picture of the car and a replica I built for them.
Walt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brooks 006.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	43997  
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #46
hemitime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 99
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman1960 View Post
My last conversation with Alberta Brooks(around Christmas time) was the engine was being freshened, but had no fire in it yet. No plans for racing dates were mentioned at that time. I've attached a picture of the car and a replica I built for them.
Walt
WOW ,,Awesome job Walt ! Nice work.
hemitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #47
modelman1960
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central N.Y.
Posts: 190
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Thanks very much Hemi time.
I'll post an engine compartment picture later.
I appreciate your compliment.
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #48
sscuda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 17
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitime View Post
Don MacCallum hasnít owned that car for quite awhile ,his last car was bought by Don Cloake . MacCallum drove the car for Cloake after Cloake purchased it and had Cloake ,Miller, and MacCallum on the door , Cloake took over the driving duties years ago and still races it as of last year . MacCallums first in the 8s (Don ran it first Bucky backed it up)Cuda he had before that car went to Eddie Smith , last I heard Bill Brooks from Florida had it but havenít heard of it for years , anyone know what Bills doing with the Car?
The last time I saw Don race the Cuda was at Grand Bend in 2005 or 2006. If I recall it was a Nostalgia Super Stock event. I lost touch with Don after that. His name came up the other day thus my post.

Thanks for the update on the Cuda, Hopefully the car will reappear.

sscuda
sscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #49
Hacksaw
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 446
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Don Cloake races his Cuda regularly with the Can/Am Stock - Super Stock group based in southern Ontario.
Hacksaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:46 AM   #50
modelman1960
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central N.Y.
Posts: 190
Default Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Hemitime: sorry for the delay in posting the engine compartment of Bill Brooks replica. And I'm also not trying to hi-jack the thread, just a mere diversion. Now back to the real deal.
Walt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brooks 008.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	44054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 009.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	44055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brooks 035.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	44056  

modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger