Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,702 Times in 520 Posts
Default Re: A little help from those smarter than me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
I would like it better if they got rid of the GT classes altogether. Then you would have superstock and factory superstock. It would get rid of Half the classes, and allow NHRA to keep the factory cars at the top of the qualifying ladder. GT classes are outdated. It was intended for newer body style's with older motor combinations. They got rid of the 1980 and older rule years ago. Why do we even have GT classes?
The difference between SS and GT is a traditional SS car is restricted to run one of the original accepted engine combinations for that make and model. You can run an older car in GT now with a newer engine combo or a newer car with an older engine combo. If you eliminated GT then the newer combos would have to run only the engines that are in the guide for that year and model.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #12
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I sent a message to NHRA about this. Will let everyone know when I get something.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #13
J DeForrest

Liked 74 Times in 18 Posts
Thumbs up Re: A little help from those smarter than me

Thanks Jeff.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #14
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
The difference between SS and GT is a traditional SS car is restricted to run one of the original accepted engine combinations for that make and model. You can run an older car in GT now with a newer engine combo or a newer car with an older engine combo. If you eliminated GT then the newer combos would have to run only the engines that are in the guide for that year and model.
Maybe you have misinterpreted what I am trying to say. I'm saying combine GT into superstock. Just get rid of the GT classes and indexes altogether. But I can still run my "GT" car, it will just have a SS class designation and be combined in with traditional SS cars. I don't see any problem with my 98 Camaro and 67 327 running the same class as a 98 Camaro with an LT1 if the horse power ratings are close
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote