HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
FSA1673

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default Folk Racing Brake Pressure Switch

I have misplaced my instructions for wiring the switch. Does anyone know which wires go where?

I have a blue, violet and a black wire coming out of the switch. I thought the violet wire went directly to the two step at the MSD box, the black wire went to one side of the normally closed switch on the shifter and the blue wire went to the other side of the normally closed switch and was also connected to a 12 volt source.

Thanks, Scott
FSA1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
Danny Ashley

Liked 108 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Folk Racing Brake Pressure Switch

The instruction sheet shows the black wire isn't used. The blue wire goes to one side of the NC switch mounted on your shifter so it activates when the shifter is in 3rd gear to prevent activation at the finish line. The other side of the switch connects to ground or 12 volts depending on the type of ignition. The violet wire connects to 2-step activation on Ignition box. If your are using an MSD launch control, then the violet wire would connect to the blue wire on it. When I installed one a few years ago, I connected the blue wire to 12 volts. The blue wire can be run through a toggle switch before going to the shifter switch allowing you to disable the system if you choose to go back to foot braking. Something you might want to consider is wiring in an indicator light in your line of site so that when the brake pressure switch is activated it lights up and you know you can safely mat it. It will allow you to consistently keep the same amount of foot pressure on the pedal by just pushing enough to light it. The car I put this on had a brake pressure gauge which helped set it up. 800 lbs. worked good and was comfortable to hold. Hope this helps. Danny

Last edited by Danny Ashley; 05-03-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Danny Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
FSA1673

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Folk Racing Brake Pressure Switch

Thanks Danny.

I installed a brake pressure gauge right next to my tachometer so that I could leave at the same pressure and to make sure the two step is activated.

The 12v light and toggle switch is a good idea.

Thanks, Scott
FSA1673 is offline   Reply With Quote