Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #31
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Dogs at the Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen View Post
We bring our dog along, the cars don't bother him a bit doesn't even raise his head up. However the fireworks make him a wreck, of course he goes and hides then it's like nothing ever happened a few minutes later. Not saying it's right or wrong, we also put our dog in the trailer when we'll be away, he doesn't bark he cries for a few minutes calling for his pack we assume, does the same thing at home.Being a responsible pet owner eliviates many of the "problems" of bringing pets to the races. IMO
Great post Joe. Some dogs are fine at the track. The ones that misbehave at the track are the ones that misbehave at home too.

Thought I might run into you at Magnolia for buckeye race.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #32
henrys57wagon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We were at a carshow sat and I was sitting at my buddy's vending spot when a vendor from across the isle came over and said the fellow looking at stuff's dog had crapped on the ground and just kept going. I walked over to him and told him and he looks at me and said it could not be his dog. I told him the woman across said it was his and he made quite a song and dance but finally picked up the three pieces of ****. A lot of unthoughtful people everywhere.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #33
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
Great post Joe. Some dogs are fine at the track. The ones that misbehave at the track are the ones that misbehave at home too.

Thought I might run into you at Magnolia for buckeye race.
Hey Chris ,yes we were going to that race but I've been having some issues with my CNP, EFI setup, I was unable to resolve them so we stayed home.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #34
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

We just ran into the same deal at a local bracket race. The people beside us had two dogs tied up all day. The dogs started barking at 5:30am and didn't stop till they left. Completely unbelievable that the owners did nothing to shut them up. Thank god they left Saturday night. The didn't pick up any of the dogs leavings and we were dodging land mines all weekend hidden in the grass. Im a huge animal lover and would never let a dog be anywhere near loud noises including my own race car. Im 33 and hard of hearing already from the open headers, imagine a dog that has super sensitive hearing? Also its very disheartening to see people bringing their babys to the track as well with zero hearing protection. I see it everywhere I look....no ear muffs no ear plugs. Even at the circle track races. They put the ear muffs on, baby takes them off and the parents rarely put them back on because " ohh hes/shes just going to take them off again anyways". Ya that's a great excuse. I know that its suppose to be a family orientated sport and everyone wants to be there for the photo shoot and have the babys in the pictures but seriously....get some hearing protection on the kid for christ sakes.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote