HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Rigs/Equipment: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WTB Enclosed trailer in NW Washington

Finally looking to buy an enclosed trailer. Can't really afford a $10K model, but looking to find one at a reasonable price-new or used.

I think 24' is the size I want. I have a 27' Motorhome to pull it, which should be adequate.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where to look? Best deal? Not really wanting to travel outside of Western Washington if I can help it.

Thanks!
Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
b.guggenmos

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: WTB Enclosed trailer in NW Washington

Me to Jeff. I live in Olympia and started looking after borrowing a friends 24' Wells Cargo to use at Mission B.C. It sure is nice to have your stuff stay clean and dry as it rained buckets on my 5 hour tow home.
Down here in Olympia we three large trailer lots all next to each other. I looked at a 24' Cargomate with several upgrades like vinyl floor, 110 lighting, full front upper/lower cabinets and a few other goodies. It was 8K new.
Watch Craigs list as there seems to be some on there but if you are like me you don't know what brand to even shop for? I have had some people say to stay away from a certain brand but it seems to be the most common. Confusing. Good luck and if you find a good place to shop let me know. Brian
b.guggenmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Ken Haase

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Jeff. I'd be happy to send you an e-mail with some pictures of my 24' Haulmark if you'd like. PM me your phone # and I'll call you. Should be right in your budget too.
Ken Haase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian,

I too looked at the trailers in Olympia. First at the $5900 one, then soon had myself up at the $8400 one. I'd like to get one with everything I would want, but I realistically will only use it 10 times a year. Hard to justify that much money, but I have always wanted one.

Ken,

Thanks! If you don't mind, email me pictures, price and your phone number. I may just be interested.

jeff.anne@frontier.com

All this hassle, and I still don't even have a car that runs. Seems a little backwards to me, but that's how I roll......LOL!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most of my friends from this area (in my case Portland) have ended up taking a road trip to Indiana to get the best deal if buying a new trailer. I know what you mean about getting spoiled with an enclosed. I've owned my 32' enclosed for 14 years, but never took it to the track until a few weeks ago (wasn't racing for most of those years, and used my flatbed for the past 3 years). I used it for Mission for the first time. It was a pain to get out of my yard (very steep driveway and sharp turns), but I haven't put it back in the backyard yet! It is so nice to have all my tools put away in cabinets, and a dry place to hang out during rainouts!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: WTB Enclosed trailer in NW Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pliska View Post
Most of my friends from this area (in my case Portland) have ended up taking a road trip to Indiana to get the best deal if buying a new trailer. I know what you mean about getting spoiled with an enclosed. I've owned my 32' enclosed for 14 years, but never took it to the track until a few weeks ago (wasn't racing for most of those years, and used my flatbed for the past 3 years). I used it for Mission for the first time. It was a pain to get out of my yard (very steep driveway and sharp turns), but I haven't put it back in the backyard yet! It is so nice to have all my tools put away in cabinets, and a dry place to hang out during rainouts!
I've raced since 1991-always with an open trailer.

Finally got a motorhome a few years ago. Now, ready for the enclosed trailer. Bonus is that it is a great place to put the race car when I need extra room in the garage.

I think I have found the one for me. Now, if I can just get my car back together, I will have it made......