HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
gearjmr66

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Confused

Is this segment about bracket racing??????????????????you guys are sure not on the same page as most bracket racers sorry if i offended any body ..
gearjmr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Confused

No offense here,,,,,What do you see thats different? I'm a bracket racer,,so whats up?
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
gearjmr66

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Confused

It seems in our part of the country anyway......everybody going 5.50 6.50 7.50 10.5 tiire racing or something else i been bracket racing and runniing super comp & super gas for 35 years been driving the same door car for 27 years can run mid 5"s 1/8th mile mid 8"s qtr mile my youngust son and wife are finnishing there chevy ii and are planning on bracket racing it along with my chevy ii bracket racing when it all started years ago was not about the cubic dollar it was about a even playing field glad to see there are still a lot of supporters ...door cars forever
gearjmr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Confused

I hear what you're saying,,I went to my first drag race in 68' and it was all about class racing. Brackets started taking over in the 70s, and out here in the NW there are few associations. Its mostly a shoe polish world here,,sure there are NHRA divisionals and our annual National event here at Seattle, but bracket racing is basically all thats offered. We have a NW Pro Street assoc. that has a few members, and a manual trans group out of British Columbia( BC Super Shifters),along with a S/SS assoc. also in BC.
I flew back to Memphis last fall with a buddy just because we wanted to witness something different. It was the LSX Shootout along with the NMCA and Nostalgia SS group and we had fun seeing things done a little different than the same ol' stuff.
We had some talk here a while back about some index classes, like you've mentioned, but nothing has come of it yet.
At least we're still out there chasing our passion, so best of luck to you and your family and make every run like its your last.
Take care,,,,Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote