HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #231
shorty 3241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Live from Indy!!! US Nationals

Larry&Patsy thanks for the reports. Debbie thought it was a good time to take a caribbean cruise.Tom&Debbie Reese
shorty 3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #232
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,534 Times in 1,977 Posts

Tom and Debbie,
Hope you had a great cruise! Guess we will see you in Columbus at the Sportsnationals.

I wanted to let you know about what some fellow racers did for some spectators this weekend. Bill and Donna Sempscrott were down at our pits talking to Larry and some spectators were there and wanting to get to their car which was on the other side of the racetrack. Bill and Donna took them back around to that side. You can't get across at the big end where were so that went all the way back up thru staging and across. Thanks Bill and Donna. I know they really appreciated your kindness.

One complaint I have for Indianapolis Raceway Park. They need to find a radio station to broadcast the race that will come in better. Or put some speakers all the way down to the end of the property. If you were parked past the bowl you couldn't get the radio station to come in. We never knew when stock was called up until they came by on the scooters honking the horn. I usually listen to the race rather than going up and watching all the time. I never knew what was going on without being in the stands. Something really needs to be done about this by next year.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #233
Chevellewagon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To the Hills,
Thank you so much for the photos and the updates. I myself have never had the chance to make Indy either as a spectator or racer. With your posts it's almost like being there. I know Sam Murry from the F/S Olds days. Could the guy from Maine been Bob Lettellier(SP)? I know Jim Boudreau from the Gold Digger days and own the wagon that he bought from W A Lee. Jim is a great guy as is Sam.
I am in the process of redoing the wagon to a 2bbl as Jim said it will go further under the index than it does with a 4bbl. Money is why it's not racing now. Again thank you so much for the "Live" reports and sorry to hear the tranny broke. Good luck the rest of the year and keep those Live reports coming.

Phil Daly
KSA 1686 (soon to be QSA 1686)
Chevellewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #234
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

The guy from Maine was named Bob, I think. He was very soft-spoken and I am terrible with names. Jim Boudreau (Mr. Ficacci, I finally learned how to spell his name) was very nice and didn't say anything about us taking his pictures while he was cooling his car for class.

Hopefully all of you can come to Indy next year and have as great a time as we did.

Patsy
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #235
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts

Everyone, thanks for the kind words. Larry and Patsy it was great to meet and talk with you and put faces on the names. The gentleman that accompanied me to Indy is Jerry Hatch he is from Lubec, Maine. Lubec is the easternmost town in the continental United States. Located on a headland, with 97 miles of shoreline. There the sun rises and sets very early. To go to Indy and see the opposite was very surprising. Jerry had to drive 7 1/2 hours to my home before we started the18 hour trip to Indy. Jerry is also a 14 time bracket champion at Winterport Dragway. He is currently in second place after losing two weeks of racing due to the Indy trip.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #236
shorty 3241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Patsy Bill and Donna Sempsrott are allways willing to help when people need it. I was watching online hoping he would win indy. Four cars is a lot better than the rest of us.Thanks agin for the reports and pictures.
shorty 3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #237
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Sam, It was great to meet you and Jerry. I am so sorry I forgot his name. Next time I need to take notes.
Tom, We were pulling for Bill, too.

Hey, now that this thread is back on the front page, ya'll can go to page 15 and see a picture of the engine puller.

Patsy
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #238
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well, hopefully we will be back on the road by Thursday to do some more racing and reporting. Earlville and Belle Rose are our favorite races. We are looking forward to seeing our Division 5 friends and probably a few from Div. 3 also.

Well, I certainly hope those meanies from Div. 7 don't show up and spoil the party!

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #239
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Toby,
I don't think they are "meanies". I think we just have a disagreement on the interpretation of the rulebook.

Patsy
Old 09-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #240
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from Indy!!! US Nationals

good reporters dig for the facts larry...
and of course the rulebook is GREY everywhere... should say suggested rules on cover

anyway thanks for all the reports, pictures and occasional cookout !!!
you & patsy are my favorite racers (with a pink car) LOL

captain jack

dear NHRA could you please say "dry ice" where it means dry ice ??? under ok or not ok ???