HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
JCChildress

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default Whatcha think of this combination ?

I'm building a car and I'm curious what ya'll think of the combination. The car actually has been done as far as chassis work.
Its a 71' Duster. It was built for IHRA Top Stock by Gary Wisecarver. Now I'm gonna run it as small tire Super Stocker. I'm gonna run GT/EA with a low compression 360. Were building the engine here at work ( Kowalsky Racing Engines ). Shane Studley is doing the cylinder heads. Its gonna have to weigh 3030 lbs. I eventually plan on putting a stick in it, later down the road.
Do you think this is a decent start ?

Thanks for any input.
JCChildress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Re: Whatcha think of this combination ?

Anywhere is a good start so long as your goig out there and trying ! I like the small block Mopar idea ! They make some serious power! I've had a friend of mines son hanging around my shop for several years, and helped him with a bracket car! What he built is a 66 Dart 2 dr Post. and we built a 340 w/a cast stroker crank, a flat tappet cam, Edelbrock heads, 12 to 1 comp, single 4, 800 cfm Holley, w/3sp tf , 8.75 w 4.30 ,11.5x29x15 tires. All steel except for glass hood,full interior w/6pt etc, enought babble, the car runs10.15's at 131.00mph in 80 degree weather! I was impressed the thing leaves hard with 60' times in the 1.35's ' Not bragging just fact . Its his car, runs at Union Grove, Wis... He turns the engine to 7200!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Jeremy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Whatcha think of this combination ?

I think it would be a very competitive combination, with either the 360 or 340.
Thanks
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

J.C.Childress, in my prior post i got all carried away and lost sight of the class car thing, and do apologize for the babble. I have a SS Mopar, and a Stk Mopar, so i won't stray again. I really like the small block STK and SS mopars ! Sounds like you should have a good combo!..... Later John Lang
Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
JCChildress

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Shane has been a huge help, not just on cylinder heads, but as far as helping me on my whole combination. I've talked to Bruce Parsons, Denny Steward, Sonny Stancil, and Don Little and everyone has been super helpful to me. I aint planning on setting any records but I do wanna be competitive. The main thing is, I'm gonna have fun.

Any ideas on how fast she'll run ?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Don't talk to Sonny Stancil, he gets those small block MOPARs to run too fast. I wish somebody over seas would buy his SS/JA car.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Bull Rider, try this. We will use the Duster we have with T/StK motor #3 (iron R/T heads) run a 74 combo. Top stock motor # 3 with intake # 7 and a bigger cam than t/stk and a thermoquad. GT/EA, FA, or somewhere in there. Ran the T/STK cuda today for GT/CA. 440 power. If we get the damn thing to hook, it should be a real competitor. Also got a 383 for that one for GT/EA or somewhere in there.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
JCChildress

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Hey Jeff ! I've been trying to reach you man. I sold T/Stk motor # 1 and intake # 2. This is a engine were building from scratch, here at work. The boss is so used to round track motors and bracket motors...this Super Stock motor is a different beast. When he saw the specs on my cam, he just about went into cardiac arrest ! hehehehe