Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2024, 08:39 AM   #111
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 880 Times in 447 Posts
Default Re: Trump found guilty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Sorry but in the refinery petrochemical industry your non union labor always has the best safety record! Have seen it first hand, it takes 4 people to do the job of 2 seen that first hand too. Also the bill rate to the customer is way higher than ours, please understand with the high bill rates we ALL pay for that. Look at auto manufacturers up their msrp rates 20 to 30 percent!! why you have 1 guy that drives a forklift delivering parts to the assembly line making 43 an hour! really we all pay through the nose for union labor, without justification! JMO

Example: Non Union company bids on a job at 86 an hour bill rate and has excellent safety record

The a Union Contractor has subpar safety record, bill rate is 110 per hour and they have twice as many people as non union!

who will you pick?

The lowest bidder! And if the contractor was non-union I would check the certified payrolls on a weekly basis to ensure that they were being pay correctly. Last year a Operating Engineer Contract Compliance Officer recovered $3.5 million in wages from from non-signatory companies that screwed their employees out of prevailing wages.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 09:29 AM   #112
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 899 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Gary, Jeff will never understand that "I will always vote to support unions" and "I will always vote for someone that pays me more welfare" will "always" be the same statement.
He will not understand that sometimes what is better for the country as a whole isn't necessarily what is better for him.
Billy, I have never been one of those 'I'll show you! Watch me shoot myself right in the foot"! When I vote, I do so in the same way mom used to make a cake. She had the basic ingredients. Without these you don't have a cake. You have flour, eggs, milk... Then you have the icing. It has to do with the flavoring of the cake, and most will find what it's made of is damn important. Then, lastly, you have the whipped cream. You don't have to have it, but you pay attention. It's a whoopie! if you can manage to get it (also)
My Basic CAKE ingredients are
1) My Standard of Living. For our family its always revolved around organized bargaining.
1B) Our family's Healthcare and opportunity to buy it. Trump voted 72 times to do away with my and family members preexisting conditions. My injectable infusing was 50 grand last month. What I have is hereditary, and several of my family members have it. Cousins, nephews etc.
1C) Social Security and continuation and support of it. Yes, I pay attention...Not just for me, but my kids future. Someday they will be old also.
1D) Taxes. It's obvious which party is on board with continually reducing wealthy folks' taxes. I think they're on the wrong path.
THE CAKE ICING
2) Gun control. I like my guns. But I don't
have any problem with registering them. I always have registered mine. Something has to be done. I'm for closing the loopholes at flea markets and gun shows. Doing nothing is not the answer. Will this fix's the problem. Nope
2B) Abortion and the Right of Women to have control of their body's. It should be between them, and their God
2C) The Climate. I think it's sad when my Grandkids look at me and say, " Thanks a lot Grandpa for leaving us this mess of a planet".
THE CAKES WHIPPED CREAM
3) The Border. Democrats are behind the eight ball here. I think their seeing the light, but the horse is already out.
3B) Military and the use of it. I'm glad were no longer in any wars. My Son was over in the sand for a couple years in an M1 A1 Abrams Tank.
3C) Gerrymandering. When what you're seeing, is not what you're really seeing. Seems crooked to me, and it is.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-10-2024 at 09:36 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:15 PM   #113
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 562 Times in 205 Posts

"Trump voted 72 times to do away with my and family members preexisting condition coverage?".
Come on Jeff. Where and how could President Trump VOTE to eliminate preexisting coverage? Presidents don't vote for laws, they either sign or veto a bill that gets to him. Trump was not a member of Congress, therefore had no vote for enactment. Where did he vote 72 times?

Also....for your information....
AP FACT CHECK:
A look at Trump?s claim during a news conference Friday evening in Bedminster, New Jersey: (2020)

TRUMP: Over the next two weeks, I'll be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all preexisting conditions for all customers. That's a big thing. I've always been very strongly in favor. ... This has never been done before.

Last edited by SStockDart; 06-10-2024 at 01:20 PM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 03:25 PM   #114
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 290 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
"Trump voted 72 times to do away with my and family members preexisting condition coverage?".
Come on Jeff. Where and how could President Trump VOTE to eliminate preexisting coverage? Presidents don't vote for laws, they either sign or veto a bill that gets to him. Trump was not a member of Congress, therefore had no vote for enactment. Where did he vote 72 times?

AP FACT CHECK:
A look at Trump?s claim during a news conference Friday evening in Bedminster, New Jersey: (2020)

TRUMP: Over the next two weeks, I'll be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all preexisting conditions for all customers. That's a big thing. I've always been very strongly in favor. ... This has never been done before.
Fact check

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-ne...2a2eea2e03a475
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-11-2024, 08:08 AM   #115
Jeff Niceswanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post

AP FACT CHECK:

Ok, I not doing a deep dive, but trump pushed and pushed and pushed to eliminate the ACA. With absolutely nothing to put in its place, other than talk. You certainly remember that don't you? Republicans in Congress followed his lead, as they always do and voted over 50 times to repeal it. The ACA is the only protection for people with preexisting conditions. Until that point, I was uninsurable. I could not buy insurance because of my medical condition. I was lucky and in the group plan at work. I had been in it since 1980 and grandfathered in. Some of my family members were not so lucky. Can't buy life insurance either, but that's ok.
Now here's the rub, and its where the small details make a huge difference. This executive "order", and later the Republican last-ditch effort to repeal the ACA (called the mini repeal) did indeed guarantee a person preexisting coverage.... but at up to 5 times the price a healthy person pays. I was retired and in between the contracts coverage and getting to Medicare. I was paying 1200 a month at the time through Obammacare while all this stuff was happening. I knew I could not afford 6000 a month in premiums. Could anybody? It's the same as not having coverage. It's what we called in the Union as a bait and switch. They are simply pricing us out of it and all at the same time telling people its available. I'd like to have a private jet too !.. and its available, but I can't afford one.
https://time.com/4712725/ahca-house-...tes-obamacare/

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-11-2024 at 08:47 AM.
Liked
Old 06-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #116
SStockDart
VIP Member

Glad you are taking care of your health. Don't like "always" voting for unions.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:32 PM   #117
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,700 Times in 1,787 Posts

Okay, I've said this before, but it bears repeating.
"Pre -existing conditions" doesn't fall under the realm of insurance.
Don't believe me , okay ..
Let's start and auto insurance company..We'll call it Jeffco Auto Insurance for Pre-existing Wrecks, and we'll see how long it stays in business.

Now, I wouldn't be opposed to a gov't agency to deal with this issue.
Not some huge building in DC, stuffed with bureaucrats...Maybe Des Moines, as an example
Make philanthropic and personal contributions tax deductible. otherwise fund it through congress with NO attachments or riders involved.
I would much rather see tax money go to this, rather than to Planned Parenthood, NPR, Ukraine, etc. What do you think?
Old 06-11-2024, 07:37 PM   #118
SStockDart
VIP Member

That is interesting Mark. I never had a reason to look into pre-existing conditions, so, I did some reading.

Can I be denied health insurance if I have a pre-existing condition?

If you are enrolled in a plan since 2010, then your insurer can?t legally deny you coverage or charge you higher premiums because you have a pre-existing condition.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:46 PM   #119
SStockDart
VIP Member

Just thinking about the millions of Illegal, UNINSURED, invaders in the US. Wouldn't every illness, disease or condition they have be pre-existing??? They aren't denied treatment, are they?
Old 06-12-2024, 08:02 AM   #120
Jeff Niceswanger

Gary, I know plenty of people that have had their insurance dropped at renewal time or denied when sick and trying to purchase. I'm talking about pre-ACA Obammacare days. Most likely you do too. What I like, is Medicare. It's great. No questions, just keep breathing, pay the premiums and the plan does its best to pay the bill. I have an BCBS Anthem type F Medicare supplemental and between it and Traditional Medicare it's the best insurance I've ever had in my lifetime. No questions about preexisting conditions, no worry about being dropped. The only reason this type of system has not been put in place for rest of us is the insurance industry owns America, and we will never pry it away from them.
And BTW, March 10th 2010, is when the ACA Obammacare started. Thats why your 2010 date states you can't be denied. There is one exception in the ACA. If you're a smoker. The rates are higher if you smoke, But not because of illness.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-12-2024 at 08:12 AM.
Liked