HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2021, 11:24 PM   #1
BigBlockBill

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Spokane raceway updates?????

Has anyone heard if Spokane raceway will be open for anything in 2022? I'm pretty sure the sale to the local tribe was completed but that's the end of any info I can find.
BigBlockBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:04 AM   #2
Larry Merk

Liked 221 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: Spokane raceway updates?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockBill View Post
Has anyone heard if Spokane raceway will be open for anything in 2022? I'm pretty sure the sale to the local tribe was completed but that's the end of any info I can find.
I spoke with RJ Nomee at one of the last races at Yakima in September. He is on the tribal council and is one of the people spearheading the effort to operate Spokane County Raceway. He told me the goal is to open the drag strip some time in the March/April 2022 time frame.

He outlined the personnel structure they intend to use to operate the facility. It is as follows: A General Manager responsible for complete facility operations. Reporting to that person will be a separate manager for each race track including the drag strip, road course, circle track, and motocross track, as well as a full time marketing manager who will handle publicity and marketing for the entire operation. They had already hired the marketing person and were advertising for the other positions.

I asked about any facility upgrades or improvements but he said that was under discussion and he could not comment.

When he told me their target opening date was spring 2022 I suggested he better light a fire under some people and get to work. He agreed that his number one priority was to instill some urgency in the team working toward that goal. I guess we'll find out next March or April.