HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 11-19-2021, 09:56 PM   #11
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: Shipping heads

Almost forgot a very important part. ONLY use a UPS terminal. Do NOT use a UPS store.

Anyplace other than a terminal will easily cost 20 to 40% more. Google your closest terminal/ And never let anyone pack your stuff. Always pack it yourself
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:35 AM   #12
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

I’m thankful that Spier Racing Heads is about 2 miles from me!
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:07 PM   #13
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

I have used both UPS terminals and UPS shipping stores----the only time I ever shipped something over $150 AND DID NOT INSURE IT it got lost ---it got lost in the 35 minutes from the time I dropped it off until the last UPS pick up of the day---the UPS driver picked it up BUT it never got to the UPS terminal 3 miles away go figure--- I screamed bloody murder for 4 months and submitted a list and invoices for the stuff and finally UPS settled but tried to say it was not packed properly etc.--- I now ship ANYTHING to any address MUST BE SIGNED by person ordering item NO BODY ELSE can sign for it!!!!!!!!- If the guy is not there come back another time-----The DRIVER cannot leave it at the door, have any body else sign for it etc. only the person whose name is on the package can accept it---FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:07 PM   #14
Kdw1403

Liked 68 Times in 22 Posts

Ship together if possible. I shipped a set individually and 1 head arrived 8 days before the second head. Lucky it arrived or I was going to have to ship the old head and get a new casting and send it to be matched to the old head.
Kdw1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:41 PM   #15
Ron Miller

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Shipping heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Fulper View Post
Almost forgot a very important part. ONLY use a UPS terminal. Do NOT use a UPS store.

Anyplace other than a terminal will easily cost 20 to 40% more. Google your closest terminal/ And never let anyone pack your stuff. Always pack it yourself
2X what Bruce said. The UPS store will charge you more for the convince to ship from one of those stores. Now the UPS hub is only 15 minutes from my hose. The UPS store is 5 minutes away. To ship the same package with shipping quote within minutes for each other. The UPS hub was $75.00 cheaper. I was shipping out a full dash for a Gen 3 Camaro.
Ron Miller is offline   Reply With Quote