HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #21
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Wake up time for some here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Why are there no trucks?
No drivers.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:40 PM   #22
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
No drivers.
I don't know crap, but I'll relay what the two truckers I was talking to at Rockingham told me yesterday. I specifically asked both of them what's with all the shortageages.One was a trucking company owner, the other a lifetime trucker.
Their answers were very similar. They told me the trucking industry was running thin before the Covid crisis. During the crisis, most of the ones that could retire,did so. Others moved on and found themselves less stressful jobs. That prompted me to ask "What's so stressful about driving a truck" ...They both spoke up and said "you have no idea". One of them say's, "you seen the traffic lately? Being bumper to bumper with everybody in a mad dash (to go nowhere) gets old...real fast".Trying to get to where your going (on time) and PARKED...is just crazy. Most of the new hires take it for about 2 months and then quit. There are too many other jobs to take this crap day after day. And the pay aint worth the hassle. Starting bonuses only last a sort period, and the hours suck. I didn't argue with them, and I won't here, just communicating their experiences ..

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 10-25-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #23
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,612 Times in 1,289 Posts

Quote:
No drivers.
No Eddie, that answer doesn’t cut it. No TRUCKS because the Jack azzes in Communist California LEGISLATED older trucks out of business. GD IDIOTS …..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-25-2021, 06:43 PM   #24
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
No Eddie, that answer doesn’t cut it. No TRUCKS because the Jack azzes in Communist California LEGISLATED older trucks out of business. GD IDIOTS …..
Trucks over 10 years old registered in California. California is the only state that has trucks and drivers? Do a little research, please, you make yourself sound ignorant.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:20 PM   #25
Jim Lodi jr

Liked 36 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Cost of the truck, insurance , fuel, tolls, work mans comp, payroll ,health care, maintance, dot nightmare, can only run for 8 hours, all these things are extremely expensive, or sit home and collect the government check hmmmm
Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #26
Jim Lodi jr

Oh yeah and you can't find employees everybody that comes in my office asks can you pay me cash , don't want to lose my unemployment
Old 10-25-2021, 09:38 PM   #27
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lodi jr View Post
Cost of the truck, insurance , fuel, tolls, work mans comp, payroll ,health care, maintance, dot nightmare, can only run for 8 hours, all these things are extremely expensive, or sit home and collect the government check hmmmm
You nailed it. I'm an owner/operator. I no longer do any OTR (over the road) work, local only. The 8 hour on duty limit is the big a** kicker. If the truck isn't rolling you aren't making any money. That is not only true for an owner/operator but also hired drivers getting paid by the mile.

Insurance costs and permits on the rise. Parts/tires/maintenance cost through the roof if you can get the parts/tires. Fuel is now 2X more than it was last year (mine gets 5.5-6 mpg). Newer emission equipped trucks are extremely problematic. And than there is the price of a new truck. The new version of my old truck is $165k. Try and pay that off sitting at a truck stop or rest area after your 8hrs are up.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #28
Jim Lodi jr

Please watch the undercover video about the Murphy campaign everybody in New jersey needs to see it, just released tonight
Old 10-25-2021, 10:02 PM   #29
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,612 Times in 1,289 Posts

Quote:
Trucks over 10 years old registered in California. California is the only state that has trucks and drivers? Do a little research, please, you make yourself sound ignorant.
Eddie, talking about the port outside of California,..

Me ignorant ???? ….you are the one that voted BIDEN in ..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #30
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

What do you suppose will happen to drag racing if/when diesel fuel hits $6-$8? You going to load up and head to a race 300-1000 miles away?

fjb was rambling on the other day about high speed rail. Maybe they will allocate some of the $3 trillion so called infrastructure stimulus to reclaim the old railroad beds that are now bike pathes. I'm sure the chinese will "sell" their technology. May even be able to come up with a solar powered unit so as not to further global warming emissions from coal plants.

Btw: How is that high-speed rail project coming in California? I believe it was running from No Where to L.A.